• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Skeptical of breeder listing

MikeNTalysDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm a little skeptical of how the breeder listed and pictured my new dragon (online purchase). Please take a look and try to identify the type/morph. I would like to get a few uninfluenced opinions before I show the breeder listing. I feel like I may have been overcharged a bit. Thanks in advance.

image2.JPG image1.JPG Dragon3.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG

Kathryn Kinney

Juvenile Dragon
I would say it is a red leatherback dunner. Can not tell if hypo or trans? It would have 20 clear nails if hypo and black eyes if trans. As far as shipping is concerned it is pricey within the same state $35 and up to $55 nation wide.

MikeNTalysDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would say it is a red leatherback dunner. Can not tell if hypo or trans? It would have 20 clear nails if hypo and black eyes if trans. As far as shipping is concerned it is pricey within the same state $35 and up to $55 nation wide.

Thanks. Here's the listing, price, breeder pic, and comparison pic. The dragon was $250, total was $300 shipped. After some research into morph identification, I am able to confirm most of the traits, although there are a few things that are hard to tell this early. He does have clear nails, black eyes, and abnormal spike direction. It's mostly the difference in color that made me suspicious. He is a lot more red in the breeder pic. What I really wanted was a deep red leatherback, the rest doesn't mean much to me, so I guess what upset me was paying top dollar for a red dragon and getting one that isn't all that red.

At the end of the day, I still feel like I got a pretty cool dragon, so It's not a huge deal. The breeder is Dragons Den Herp. The service and communication was excellent, my only complaint is being a little disappointed in the color.

Attachments

• BreederListing1.PNG
    BreederListing1.PNG
    264.8 KB · Views: 76
  • BreederPic.JPG
    BreederPic.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Sidebyside.jpg
    Sidebyside.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 77

MikeNTalysDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just realized the text is really small in that image. It says
"Hypo-Leather Translucent Dunner"
6.5" Male
$250. (+50 shipping)

Kathryn Kinney

Juvenile Dragon
I can understand your concern different lighting can make a huge difference in coloring. I usually will post 2 diff. pics for each one. He still is pretty red for that age and should continue to get more red as he ages. Alot of the coloring does depend on what the parents look like, they probably are posted as well.. It is amazing how much their color increases each time they shed for about the first 6 months. I would say Dunners have come down in price but having the 4 visual genetics in 1 dragon can be pricey. Health is what matters especially having so many genetic abnormalities, they have come a long way. Good Luck!!

MikeNTalysDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
You are right, even in my own set of pics that I posted, he looks much more brown in my hand and much more red under his lamps. He may also have dulled due to an upcoming shed, as his tail has become completely gray since he arrived.

He does appear to be healthy at least. And I want to stress again that the service I recieved from Dragons Den Herp was outstanding. The dragon was in my hands the day after I called to ask about it, and Kevin even called to follow up when it hadn't arrived on time. He was on the phone with ups to find out what happened when the truck pulled up to my house with the dragon. He arrived in great shape too.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I was wondering about the tail too. Sounds like they had good follow up until he got to you safely. Maybe he's gonna shed. Enjoy your new guy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MikeNTalysDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I left him home alone from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon and when I got home he was way more red. Then later he turned back to being more brown.. so maybe he gets red when he's hungry. The ambient temperature was also a bit higher since we turned down the AC before leaving, so it could be that too. Regardless, I think I was just stressing myself out because I spent so much on him, but that probably wasn't even related to the color as much as the morphs. At the end of the day I'm really happy with him and he is doing great so I have no complaints. He's active, adjusting to his environment and handling, has a good appetite, and regular healthy poo. I would recommend dealing with Dragons Den Herp, they were very responsive and good with following up, and he seems to be a very healthy dragon.

Latest posts