• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick Beardie

mesa

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey how are you dragon lovers, I just recently got a bearded dragon (as a gift from a previous owner) and unfortunately he's gotten pretty sick. He has stopped eating and became very sedentary, he's moves every now and then, and I also noticed that he''s lost some weight.
I would appreciate any suggestions or if anyone knows what could be wrong with it?
What should I do? ???

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi mesa ! Sorry to hear about your dragon. Could you please answer some questions, to better help us help you ?

What uvb do you offer this dragon, and how old is it ?
how far away from the uvb is the dragon ?
What diet is offered ?
What supplements, calcium vitamins?
What substrate ?
How old is this dragon ?

thanks!
hope to hear from you soon !
Janie.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First things first.
Welcome to the forum

Now to your baby. I have a few general care questions that would help us (and considering you just got him if you know anything about how he was kept before it would help as well).
How big is his tank? Was his tank?
What type of lighting do you use both heat and UV? Previously?
For uv light do you use a tube/compact?
Do you supplement his diet at all with calcium/vitamins?
What do you feed him both live feeders and veggies, be specific?
What do you take his temps with?
What are you using as a substrate?
Do you soak your dragon?

Now do you know if there is a exotics vet local to you? If not check out herpvetconnection.com
You need to get a fecal done to check for parasitic infection. There are a number of ways to help your beardie through this. The vet will probalby prescribe (if parasites are found in large quantities) some harsher antibiotics. These drugs will take a lot out of your beardie but will also flush his system. During the cycle of these prescrip meds you need to make sure you keep your dragon WELL hydrated as they will dehydrate him fast. After these meds you will need to run him on a cycle or two of accidophiliz as you will need to replenish his natural gut flauna. Option 2 is reptaid which is a herbal antibiotic/antimicrobial which will do the same as the prescription meds without the fallout afterwards.

Either of these will work.
Please answer those questions above that way we can help further.

Latest posts