• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick Beardie , Skeptical Abt Vet

serenityforeva

Bearded Dragon Egg
Finley, my eight year old Beardie, woke up this morning not eating and then he started making loud croaking noises. Then his whole body would shake as he seemed to be hiccuping (I know they can't do this but that's what it looked like) and making wheezing/gagging noises. We rushed him to the vet and on the way there he pooped basically liquid and then the vet told us he threw up a lot in their office. After an exam, x-ray and fecal matter testing that cost $300 the only thing they said for sure was that he had pinworms. We asked about the gagging and wheezing and they said he might be backed up but that he didn't seem to have a respiratory infection. We took him back and he started up again with the wheezing and retching. Now, he is stable and not doing that anymore. But at times he's leaving his mouth open for long periods and seems very tired. Obviously he went through a lot today and it makes sense that he is tired, but that sound he was making still scared me. Do you guys think it was just the parasites that would cause him to vomit like that? The vet said our food and set up seem great for him. We have tile and feed him insects, leafy greens and apples. He recently had a strawberry for a treat (and thats what they said he mostly threw up). Why would he still make that wheezing gag after throwing up? And he hasn't eaten since he got back from the vet. Should I get a second opinion from another vet? Any help would be appreciated!

Latest posts