• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shifu 17 month old

Shifu1515

Bearded Dragon Egg
posting cuz I’m curious. My 17 month old beardie is approaching winter here in Michigan. She brumated 2 months ago for 3 days as it dropped in the house. She is now sleeping from around 8-9pm to about 1-2 pm every day.. Beardies are very lazy but is this normal as the winter months come? Anyone else experiencing this in surrounding states? Not worrying to much as she has plenty of appetite and weight about 380 grams

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
posting cuz I’m curious. My 17 month old beardie is approaching winter here in Michigan. She brumated 2 months ago for 3 days as it dropped in the house. She is now sleeping from around 8-9pm to about 1-2 pm every day.. Beardies are very lazy but is this normal as the winter months come? Anyone else experiencing this in surrounding states? Not worrying to much as she has plenty of appetite and weight about 380 grams
Lighting--- please go over the uvb your using- coil or a long tube fixture brand and bulb where is it placed? Surface basking temps-- no analogs they are inaccurate for those temps-- improper temps can simulate brumation - I want to rule out your lighting- how old is the uvb? Let's start there and go from there

Shifu1515

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lighting--- please go over the uvb your using- coil or a long tube fixture brand and bulb where is it placed? Surface basking temps-- no analogs they are inaccurate for those temps-- improper temps can simulate brumation - I want to rule out your lighting- how old is the uvb? Let's start there and go from there
I just got a new bulb a month ago and also Got her tested for parasites, that came back negative. Her main basking spot is between 92-100. At night the whole cage stays about 70-72 which is perfect for night. I use mercury bulbs, so she can come and go as she pleases if she get to hot.. poops look fine too not to thick and not to runny, nice white hydration . So I’m just thinking she really lazzy ! The sun does go down around 5:30 where I’m at right now

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just got a new bulb a month ago and also Got her tested for parasites, that came back negative. Her main basking spot is between 92-100. At night the whole cage stays about 70-72 which is perfect for night. I use mercury bulbs, so she can come and go as she pleases if she get to hot.. poops look fine too not to thick and not to runny, nice white hydration . So I’m just thinking she really lazzy ! The sun does go down around 5:30 where I’m at right now
Surface basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? UVB is a what brand and bulb ? These bulbs have certain placement and distance depending on the screen on the tank- if its a coil your using they are inadequate

Shifu1515

Bearded Dragon Egg
Surface basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? UVB is a what brand and bulb ? These bulbs have certain placement and distance depending on the screen on the tank- if its a coil your using they are inadequate
I use a temp gun for measuring temperatures. I use a 100w thrive mercury bulb and I have a open cage no screen or mesh blocking UVB/UVA light only part I have a screen on is the night time spot with a small ceramic bulb for extra night time heat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use a temp gun for measuring temperatures. I use a 100w thrive mercury bulb and I have a open cage no screen or mesh blocking UVB/UVA light only part I have a screen on is the night time spot with a small ceramic bulb for extra night time heat
Temp guns are good but not as accurate as digital probe thermometers -- the MVB by Thrive is no good- please replace w/ a long tube fixture like a 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt or a 2 Ft 24" Sunblaster Nano Tech --- I can post links for these fixtures --- if you want to stay w/ a MVB please get a Mega Ray or a Power Sun but your still going to need the back up of one of the long tubes I posted --- MVB's are good for heat not so much UVB--- the MVB's need to be replaced every 6 months - T 5's every 10 -11 months - please NO colored bulbs they disrupt sleep and can cause long term eye damage -- CHE's are good for keeping temps at night around 70 -- you dont need the CHE tho if your temp is 65-75 at night - your getting brumation behavior w/ the incorrect MVB and the light on at night is not doing any good either

Latest posts