• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding

3llie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, my beardie seemed to be shedding a few days ago, but it looks like it’s stopped now….. Is it normal to look like it’s going backwards? I know that’s not possible, but instead of lifting, her shed looks like it’s blending back in again? I didn’t see this happen with her tail or legs….

Lights, temp etc are all good.

Attachments

• IMG_3943.jpeg
    IMG_3943.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3957.jpeg
    IMG_3957.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16

3llie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pics attached the wrong way round, the one on her basking decor is from a few days ago and the other one is her now

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pics attached the wrong way round, the one on her basking decor is from a few days ago and the other one is her now
Shes shedding let it do its thing---

Robbii

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is exactly how it goes with my 5. Don't blink it will all lift off very soon.

3llie

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is exactly how it goes with my 5. Don't blink it will all lift off very soon.
It is literally don’t blink!!! She stayed like that for a few days including this morning when she woke up. Looked again about an hour later and she was like this!

Attachments

• IMG_4013.jpeg
    IMG_4013.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is literally don’t blink!!! She stayed like that for a few days including this morning when she woke up. Looked again about an hour later and she was like this!
Take and mist her and then get a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose skin / shed off -- she will feel better

3llie

Bearded Dragon Egg
She had it off herself very quickly. Was so hard not to help her but I didn’t want to risk hurting/damaging her. I gave her a quick bath after and she’s been in a brilliant mood since, running around investigating everything and coming up to the glass watching me work (she’s never don’t that before ).

Will order a baby toothbrush though incase she ever needs some help in the future. Would you recommend misting her after/during shedding rather than a bath?

Attachments

• IMG_4024.jpeg
    IMG_4024.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She had it off herself very quickly. Was so hard not to help her but I didn’t want to risk hurting/damaging her. I gave her a quick bath after and she’s been in a brilliant mood since, running around investigating everything and coming up to the glass watching me work (she’s never don’t that before ).

Will order a baby toothbrush though incase she ever needs some help in the future. Would you recommend misting her after/during shedding rather than a bath?
What ever is better for her- some do not like baths and its easier to just spray in the tank and use the toothbrush -- it scratches them when you brush and since they are itching they seem to like it --

Latest posts