• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding question..

Dark Angel

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've had Baileys since December 26 and he/she is going through her second sheding. I know every little one is different but a few people have hinted that it's kind of fast. The way I see it is that Baileys is growing fast and needs a bigger suit but figured I asked here to make sure. Baileys was also saying hi to Manchas.
IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi. little guys can grow quickly, and when they do - they shed. you got the nail on the head !! when they're older they shed less. my girl (maybe 8 to 10 yrs) sheds hardly at all - maybe twice a year. and not her whole body. lov the pic with your pup

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Mine is 8 months, and he has been shedding in one spot or another pretty much since I got him... I calculated that his average growth is a little over an inch a month, so that makes sense! No one wants to wear tight-fitting clothes all day!!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When mine were little it was a cycle. Head, body, legs, tail and no sooner did the tail finish the head was starting again!

Dark Angel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for all the replies. I was pretty sure it was a normal thing but wanted to make sure. I was lucky that my little one has always been a little piggy when it comes to food.

Latest posts