• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sheading

brasshandle

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi marley is about 1 and when he was younger he seemed to shed alot,he his bright eyed and active but hasnt shed now for about3or4 months he seems healthy and happy but does this seem normal,i know they all differ but it just worrys me, brasshandle :-\ :-\ :-\

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They do tend to shed more when they are under 1. They are growing so much. You will see that they don't shed their entire bodies at one time anymore. It's more bits and pieces...a leg here, his back there. It's a longer process.

But 3-4 months seems like a long time. Are you sure he didn't shed in pieces and you might have missed it?

Another thought, do you bathe Marley regularly?
What UVB are you using?

brasshandle

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
we used to bath him every 2 weeks and spray him every other night, thats because it was summer,now its been winter in england weve probably neglected to do it for some reason.so thanks for the kick up the backside and hes getting a bath today.also i think when there looking and doing well you might take your foot of the gas a bit .the uvb we use is a 10.0 40w 42,, repti glow long tube.i know uvb is a hot topic but its the only uvb availble to us,marleys fit and healthy and thanks you for recomending a bath ;D ;D ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You are welcome. Yes, you really should bathe him weekly. Just a 20 minute soak will do wonders for keeping him hydrated.

You may want to surf the web for other UK vendors. The 10.0 repti-glo is known not to give off enough uvb for our beloved beardies. You may not see issues now, but you may long term.

And yes, well all is well, we tend to get too comfortable. These guys are too quiet. They need to yell and complain when we slack. ::)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
HI, Brasshandle. How is Marley doing? Has he had a shed since we last chatted?

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Bearded dragons eat their skin as soon as they shed. Maybe thats why they don't seem to be shedding when they really are? I noticed that one second there was skin next to spikey, The next second it disappeared!

Unless there's an invisible bandit that goes around homes stealing reptile skins...

Latest posts