• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sanitizing and cleaning

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Usually, I'd use vinegar and water solution for cleaning, but since Myah has coccidia and pinworms, I went with Wipe Out 1. Now, it's almost gone and need a way to disinfect and clean her tank. I know it's got ammonia in it to kill the coccidia and have heard of the bleach and water solution not working on the parasite.

I do have: Ammonia from cleaning the tank from the YF disease. I did the ammonia and boiling hot water first, scrubbed down the surfaces, rinsed well, let air dry out and then used White Cloud Bleach and boiling hot water last. Then I aired it out for several weeks before getting Myah.

I can do a 1/4 cup or less of ammonia and the remaining solution, purified water. What's your take? Yes or no at this? I have a filter on the faucet.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think that will work, just make sure you rinse well and allow to dry completely. Ammonia can cause respiratory problems.

I use hydrogen peroxide for "accidents" outside of the enclosure and it works pretty well. non-toxic, minimal odor, no staining etc

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That might be easier on the both of us. I know I don't have a respiratory reaction to Wipe Out 1 but Ammonia makes my eyes water and cough.

Maybe I can add some baking soda to hydrogen peroxide to use as a deodorizer because boy, her poo still smells right now.

Latest posts