• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Run away dragon!

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So as the title says I had a run away dragon!
I was taking my dragons for their daily walk in the sun. (One on each of my shoulders.) And then one jumped of and ran for around 300yards (much faster than I thought possible) into a thicket. I though I had lost him for good, my heart had stopped for a min. I did find him a couple of min later.
He did not want me to pick him up and was puffing at me and trying to get away as I worked him out of the bush he got in. He continued to puff and open his mouth at me back to the house and turned quite dark.

Im afraid he wont let me pick him up again and wont forgive me of what I did today.

What do you all think I should do? He he does calm down and becomes friendly again should I never take him outside agin?
I fear I did something wrong today :(

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for the reply. I just did not think he would jump from my shoulder.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Or this

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406942239.510430.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406942239.510430.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 39

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes they do! Allie used to run from the chair to the TV. She'd flatten out herself like a flying squirrel.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Glad you were able to find him! It's scary when they get away from you and you can't find them.

Luci, jumps off of everything, legs spread all the way out to get more air! I caught her one day jumping that way right at the cats face, he has no fear! Yesterday I caught Dexter lowering her self down from her ledge on to the floor of her tank, she's a big girl and she was holding on to her ledge with her back feet to get down! She has a ramp but the ramp takes her to the other side of the tank, guess she didn't want to waste any time. They have no depth perception.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They sometimes think they can fly..... I put mine in a kiddie pool.... Let's them soak up the rays yet can't get out.....

My boy likes to jump - up. He can easily clear 15 inches. Athletic little bugger!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Glad you were able to find him! It's scary when they get away from you and you can't find them.

Luci, jumps off of everything, legs spread all the way out to get more air! I caught her one day jumping that way right at the cats face, he has no fear! Yesterday I caught Dexter lowering her self down from her ledge on to the floor of her tank, she's a big girl and she was holding on to her ledge with her back feet to get down! She has a ramp but the ramp takes her to the other side of the tank, guess she didn't want to waste any time. They have no depth perception.
Its strange u shud say that. Coz Diego will try to jump from anywhere no matter how high. If he on my shoulder and wants dwn theres no warning he just goes i just get as close to the floor as quick as i can hehe. Also if he on the.bed couch ect. He will walk to the end and flattern his body (like they do wen basking) to get ready for the jump. Gladly ive always bin.there to catch him :) so i cntbpeavenhim unattened at all unless he in the hall n cnt get on anything. Altho he still does try climb the walls :) a few times ive cum in n he had all 4s on the skirting board :) but Boris is the complete opposite. He knows he.cnt fly. He will go to the.end have a look and cum bak so its great his fav spot is on top of my daughters giant soft bunny teddy that lives on my bed i can peave him there for ages he will just snuggle in n go sleep :) altho i have.come in a couple of times n though ive lost.him only to find he has snook under my cover :)

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
Si is afraid of heights! I put him on my bed,or the couch,he fly's from one end to the other and scares me to death,but he stops,looks over the edge and runs the other way! He's funny,when he's on my shoulder he wraps his little hands around me like a baby,and when we sit outside by the pool in lounge chair,he has to be touching me,always looking back to make sure im right there:) he is rotten and loves his mama..he latches onto me like Velcro!

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Si is afraid of heights! I put him on my bed,or the couch,he fly's from one end to the other and scares me to death,but he stops,looks over the edge and runs the other way! He's funny,when he's on my shoulder he wraps his little hands around me like a baby,and when we sit outside by the pool in lounge chair,he has to be touching me,always looking back to make sure im right there:) he is rotten and loves his mama..he latches onto me like Velcro!
uploadfromtaptalk1407069913138.jpg

Penelopesmom

Hatchling Dragon
I would use a leash too they seem silly but these dragons can move faster than we expect. Here is Penelope trying hers she is not a fan yet

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
A quick update. I got the leashes. Sorry not the best pics.
uploadfromtaptalk1407431781825.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407431781825.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407431795324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407431795324.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts