• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescuing a beardie tomorrow

boneless

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey everyone, I'm getting a rescued beardie tomorrow and am wondering what I should do?

I have a place already set up for her with proper lighting and temps but aside from that I'm not sure what I should do :)

Shes eating bugs only right now but shes at least 1 year old so I'm not sure how to help her switch to greens?

She needs a vet visit I know that much.

She IS human aggressive so I know I need to work with her to calm her down. What is the best way to do that?

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Daily consistent handling is best to tame them down. Eventually they'll learn you're not a threat. Offer greens daily, what I do is leave a food dish with veggies in it in the tank. At the end of the day take out what they don't eat. Eventually they'll find it and start eating it. My beardie is 3 months old and eating greens already just by doing this.
The most important thing you can do, show them lots of love and affection :)

Latest posts