• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescued a beardie not to long ago amd now things seem off

Gobsquad

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im not sure whats going on with him his color has gone white and beard has blackened along with part of his side. His head has a light yellow tint. He has also been very sleepy and refusing food.I know a vets in order but I dont get paid for 2 weeks so just looking for ideas that would help
20230930_103843.jpg
20230930_103824.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Im not sure whats going on with him his color has gone white and beard has blackened along with part of his side. His head has a light yellow tint. He has also been very sleepy and refusing food.I know a vets in order but I dont get paid for 2 weeks so just looking for ideas that would help
View attachment 34746View attachment 34747
He looks like shed maybe coming on his head - around the mouth area - please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them - NO analogs they are inaccurate -- UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture-- these things I am asking about are crucial for the dragons over all health and behavior -- what is his diet - he will not eat w/ out these things being on par I have asked about--- how long have you had him?

Gobsquad

Bearded Dragon Egg
He looks like shed maybe coming on his head - around the mouth area - please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them - NO analogs they are inaccurate -- UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture-- these things I am asking about are crucial for the dragons over all health and behavior -- what is his diet - he will not eat w/ out these things being on par I have asked about--- how long have you had him?
He has a coil currently as that is what I had given to me. I have had him for about 3 days. Surface basking temp is a 91 atm using a thermostat probe atm until my digatal infared temp gun comes in. His diet atleast with me has been greens and gut loaded crickets and some super worms however he hasnt eaten after the first day or so.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has a coil currently as that is what I had given to me. I have had him for about 3 days. Surface basking temp is a 91 atm using a thermostat probe atm until my digatal infared temp gun comes in. His diet atleast with me has been greens and gut loaded crickets and some super worms however he hasnt eaten after the first day or so.
The coil is a problem --- they provide inadequate UVB and will cause all kinds of health issues please get one of the following ASAP - this is a reason he is not eating anything at all --- they will not eat w/ inadequate UVB--
You want the 12% bulb 24 watt its a 24" fixture https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the one I am going to post as well
24" fixture this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?variant=40651 this bulb 22" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630
or this one 24 " or 2 ft fixture you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun posted above
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
When you get the UVB please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for your tank - the screen will determine where it is placed and distanced--- please keep using the digital probe thermometers - they are the most accurate and the IR gun can be thrown off by certain materials used for basking decor

Latest posts