• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Repta sand

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sand is a big no no for babies. They like to taste things and might ingest some while eating, which can lead to impaction. It can also be an eye irritant. Repticarpet or paper towels are a simple and easy substrate for babies.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Repti sand is the worst product ever. It's basically like living in a box of crushed up tums. So not only can it cause impaction issues if too much gets eaten, but it will neutralize the stomach acid and cause problems.

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Use children's play sand if you choose sand. I have sand in three of my enclosures without any problems. Some products have no business being used with dragons and the repit sand is one of them.

mrbassybear

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey gang. My wife and daughter bought a bearded dragon today. So I'm playing super catch-up as I no absolutely nothing about the lil guys. What age ranges constitute, lil, young, adult please?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hey gang. My wife and daughter bought a bearded dragon today. So I'm playing super catch-up as I no absolutely nothing about the lil guys. What age ranges constitute, lil, young, adult please?

They reach their adult growth by a year and a half. Bearded Dragons can be broken down into 4 age groups. Hatchlings is from 0-2 months, Juvenile is from 2 months to 7 months, Sub-Adult is from 7 months to 18 months, and Adult is 18 monthson.

Latest posts