• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Repta Bark

Dark Angel

Bearded Dragon Egg
When I got my bearded dragon I was told that sand was a no go to use the bark instead, the problem that I noticed is that when eating crickets he sometimes gets small pieces of bark as well. I'm pretty sure this is not a good thing so it was recommended to go to Home Depot and get some indoor/outdoor carpet. Any suggestions, not sure if the people at the local pet store are knowledgeable enough.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah - ditch the bark. anything which they can injest is a possible cause of impaction. newspapers (although that can make their feet yucky black) paper towels, repti carpet, tiles are all good alternate choices. indoor outdoor carpet may have fiber loops which are too long - their nails can get caught in the loops. not a pretty sight if he should happen to pull out the nail on the carpet. we sincerely appreciate some of our more knowledgable pet store employees, but most of them have limited knowledge. PLEASE check here first - there are a lot of great people with a lot of great reliable information. check the links under my signature for some newbie info put together by a couple of our members -- GOOD STUFF !!

Dark Angel

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm behind the eighball, my girlfriend got it for Christmas and I had to pick it up on Monday, if not I would have done a lot more research ahead of time. Thanks for the quick response, I'm sure I will be bothering everyone again real soon

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
not a bother. send pics when you get them !

Latest posts