• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question on breeding

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so I have a beardie about 14" long and a little under a year. I think he is a male but not sure yet. I don't want to breed him now so don't worrie I was going to wait Arles trill next year or maybe 2 so he would be 2 or 3.

My question is idk his color morph so should I still breed him? I really want too because he is so orange! I think he might be hypo something because he is a bright orange not a dark orange and has ALL clear nails! He also has light blue almost gray bars On his back.

One last question. Because Of his colors, what would be a good mate for him? I heard normal morphs make good baby's. Is this true? Also I would like to make leather back babies so should I get a normal leather back or a morph?

Any help is appreciated! I'm asking this now because I would like to buy the female now and raise her to prepaid her for breeding in a year or two!

Thanks!
Josh

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
i have a dragon i think it same as yours mine is orange bright orange has some blue dots on his back with clear nails and he just went to vet for the first time to get a check up and the vet called him the most beutiful sunkiss dragon she has seen so she think my is a sunkiss

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
One last question. Because Of his colors, what would be a good mate for him? I heard normal morons make good baby's. Is this true? Also I would like to make leather back babies so should I get a normal leather back or a morph?
Any help is appreciated! I'm asking this now because I would like to buy the female now and raise her to prepaid her for breeding in a year or two!

Thanks!
Josh
Normal morons?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I was going to say something earlier, but thought I'd let someone else do it ;)
I just wanted to be sure that was what he meant to say. There are a lot of people here who keep regular beardies and they are just as awesome as any of the morphs with their cool personalities... so I thought I would be sure before I got upset, or any other kept humans were upset.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i m
I just wanted to be sure that was what he meant to say. There are a lot of people here who keep regular beardies and they are just as awesome as any of the morphs with their cool personalities... so I thought I would be sure before I got upset, or any other kept humans were upset.
eant morphs.. i typed this on my ipod sorry. I have a normal morph anyway and i love her just as much as my color morph:)

Latest posts