• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about lights timing for my beardie

Willow_

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I’m getting a bearded dragon in the next couple weeks and I have almost everything set up how I want it, but one thing I’m not sure about is the lights timing. I’ve seen in multiple sources that 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness is a good timing. But the problem is that the beardie will be in my bedroom, cause I spend the most time there and I want to spend lots of time with him. So how would you recommend dealing with when the lights in the room are on but the beardie lights are off? Would putting a sheet over it or something like that be a good solution?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) I usually put a towel over my enclosure, it helps alot, its good to have a big enough hide aswell, one thats dark even when the lights are on. You want them to have the option to hide from the light if they so choose.

Latest posts