• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about feeding schedule

tcruz

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok, so I turn on uvb lamp every morning at at about 8:30 am and I make sure I feed my daughter's dragon within a half hours time with his crickets. Then I put in his veggies for the day. He gets his next load of crickets around 4-4:30 pm. Is that too long to wait to feed the next batch to him? He doesn't get crickets until the next morning at 8:30. And lights go off at 8:30 pm. Does all of that seem ok?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's fine. If he's little a 3rd feeding during the day would be good if possible. If not just make sure he eats as much as he wants in like a 15-20 min window. You want to make sure his last feeding is at least 2 hours before lights out. That gives him good enough time to digest his food.

In my experience each one will eat when they want and as much as they want. You will kinda learn that as time goes on. When Dexter was small she would eat 3 times a day like clock work and would always be willing to eat at 6 when lights out is at 8. Luci on the other hand never wanted to eat 3 times a day and will not eat anything after 4:30pm even though lights out are at 8. He will eat about an hour after he gets up and then at lunch time.

tcruz

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Patsy, good to know I'm on the right path. I'm so glad I joined the forum. I'm learning so much as I am fairly new to raising this amazing little guy.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You're welcome! This forum is a great place to learn. Everyone is very nice and helpful, nobody judges. We've all been newbies and I know 2 years later I am still learning new things!

SunWuKong

Bearded Dragon Egg
My dragon is around 2 months old, so i feed him at 8am,12pm and 7pm. When hes bigger im gonna drop the 12pm feeding.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My dragon is around 2 months old, so i feed him at 8am,12pm and 7pm. When hes bigger im gonna drop the 12pm feeding.

7 pm is a little late, what time do you turn the lights off for the night?

SunWuKong

Bearded Dragon Egg
9pm, I teach english in the afternoons so the earliest i can get home is around 6.30-7

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
I feed the dragons 45 mins after the lights turn on at 6:30 and leave a fresh bowl of greens in the enclosure the whole day and feed them again when I get home or when the kids get home depending on who gets home first and it's lights out at 7p.

Latest posts