• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Q's about baths for baby beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1. How ofter should you bath baby beardies (1-almost 2 months old)

2.Roughly what temp should the water be

3.Being how small they are would an icecream container be ok to do this in?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1. How ofter should you bath baby beardies (1-almost 2 months old) Every day would be ideal. Every other day at a minimum.

2.Roughly what temp should the water be Same as baby bath water temp - around 90F

3.Being how small they are would an icecream container be ok to do this in?I can't picture how big an ice cream container is. If you want them to learn to swim around, you should have enough room for them to do so. I would say double their length. But if you want them to just soak, it should as long as their length.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
20 minutes is ideal for a good soak. Some babies don't like the bath and fight it the whole time. But keep at it. It is a good way to hydrate them.

Just keep a good feel on the water temp. Don't let it drop too much.

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
If you want them to learn to swim around,

...Wait. Bearded dragons can swim?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I guess they can. xDD My best friend says Draik always jumps/falls into the pool and swims to a raft they have floating around in their until they get her out. Draik is such a dork!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, some of them enjoy their baths and love to swim. Bernie used to go under and swim from one end to the other. He would swish back and forth. It was quite entertaining and he had fun too!

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I should try that... Maybe when he's bigger though. Because then...

Me: *puts spikey in bathtub*

Spike: *stare blankly*

Me: *turns around to get towel*

Spike: *ninja* *climbs out and slips away* |D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts