• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Primary Food Source

Bronzemist

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ive fed my beardies almost exclusively crickets up until now but its just too much for me now. So ive started switching to dusted supers. Ive watched their poops and if anything they seem more energetic. Just wanted everyones opinions on feeding supers as a primary food source as far as their insects go. They also get a salad everyday

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Supers are a very good staple however they are also high in fat and tend to be like dragon crack so when they need to loose weight they will hold out for them lol It is best to feed them along with another feeder like dubia and supers, crickets and supers...phoenix worms.. for sure the salad everyday.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
^agreed. I use supers as a stable just because they are super cheap (I think that's where they get their name from lol). I found that mixing them with other healthier insects helps me save a lot. I use to feed 15-20 large Dubias a day which really adds up, now I only fed 5 Dubias followed by 5 supers and she's full. In a short amount of time my girl has taught me that variety really is the key. Just mix it up as much as you can and you'll have a happy healthy dragon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Poodie2U

Bearded Dragon Egg
I certainly agree with reann on the mix up.Poodie loves horn worms, Dubias and veggies. while Pepsi and Dr. Pepper love sweet potatoes ,worms and dubias

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I certainly agree with reann on the mix up.Poodie loves horn worms, Dubias and veggies. while Pepsi and Dr. Pepper love sweet potatoes ,worms and dubias

Pepsi and Dr. Pepper have to be the greatest names ever lol I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts