• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Precious's vet visit

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
I wound up being able to take Precious to the vet on Tues because of a cancellation.
It was a good visit. He did notice both eyes being swollen, with the right one much worse. The actual eyes were fine, there is no liquid or infection under the lids. No respiratory problems. She has maintained her "great" condition since she first started seeing him the past couple of years.
I mentioned my fears...vit A toxicity, kidney problem, tumor...but he was confident this was not a systemic problem. However, he hasn't ruled out cancer yet. He'd found a tiny piece of shed in the better eye (she also has tiny random shed patches elsewhere) and felt this was shed related.
She has antibiotic eye drops that are given 3 times a day. He said he wants to flush out the eyes for a few weeks and that should do the trick but if this continues after, or gets worse, then he wants to do bloodwork and other tests.
Funny because she puffed her body and beard up when he was feeling her belly, then she laid there huffing! Never saw her do that before! When we came home, I gave her the first dosing of eye drops and then...she waved to me!! She had never waved before and she looked so irresistibly cute! I imagine she was pleading for the poking and prodding to stop lol.
So, she's had 6 dosings of the drops...no improvement yet. He did say the eye should be flushed for a few weeks but I admit, I thought there'd be atleast a slight improvement by now. She has kept up a good appetite and activity level though. This has me so stressed out, I just want my little angel baby to be ok again!
IMG_20170718_145910_630.jpg
At the vet's, on the scale
InstaFit_20170720_08125820.jpg
Snuggles last night next to mom
InstaFit_20170720_08131525.jpg
This angle actually exaggerates what the eye looks like...but gives an idea

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - it can take a few days for the meds to kick in. hang in there! eating and pooping are good

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree, give it some time. It is really nerve wracking when we don't see things getting better right away.

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
I'm sorry! I know you both are right, I'm just scared and impatient. Her appetite is wonderful, poops are normal (she got a fecal done on Tues, it was negative).
She is done with the drops! She shuts her eyes tight as soon as she sees the bottle. I waste several drops before I am successful and now...she actually gives me a little head bob when we're done!

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
She knows you are tying to help her! Keep it up!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk