• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Prada (our leopard gecko)

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So we went to the Portland reptile expo, and I was not going to come home with anything except some supplies... no animals... really... ;)

....... but I did. ;D

This is Prada... she's our leopard gecko.

Prada01.png

Prada03.png

Prada04.png

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol you sound like me! i havent been allowed to an expo since i bought my husband his beardie...we were supposed to go ONLY for supplies but left only with a lizard *giggles*

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Truth huh ? She's a lovely high yellow... Nice lavender markings too...
Though... she needs some roaches to fatten her up a tad... lol... I got Fat gex... ;)
Janie

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Cute! Lexi how many animals do you have? and where do you keep them all? ;D I was admiring your signature line picture and all your babies, I'm sure never a dull moment!

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
srabeardie said:
Cute! Lexi how many animals do you have? and where do you keep them all? ;D I was admiring your signature line picture and all your babies, I'm sure never a dull moment!

lol... Never a dull moment is right, and a fair question ;D

We have 2 small dogs (a Brussels Griffon and a Pomeranian), 2 Bearded Dragons, a Leopard Gecko, a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, a Frilled Dragon and a Green Iguana. This is my YouTube page, with a ton of videos of the animals, their enclosures, etc. - http://www.youtube.com/user/kalishey - since we just bought our video camera I don't have videos of all of them up yet, but it will give you an idea. We keep the Frilled Dragon and our female Beardie in the library, our Green Iguana, snake and Leopard Gecko in the living room, the dogs are crated when we're away but otherwise they're usually with us on the couch or the bed, and our male Beardie is in our bedroom walk-in closet which has now been converted into his room and we use the closet by our master bathroom for our stuff. Oh, and we have the 500+ Dubia roaches, but they don't count as pets - they're food for the dragons ;)

It sounds like a hot mess, I know, but actually, our house is very clean and organized. Most of our pets are rescues - except for Gizmo (the Brussels Griffon), Valentine (the snake) and Prada (the Leopard Gecko). We got Gizmo in 2004 from a breeder ~ Valentine also came from a breeder, and she is a recent purchase. The Beardies are adopted from families that could no longer care for them, and the Frilled Dragon came from a reptile rescue. The Green Iguana belonged to a friend of mine for many years and he asked me if I would take her, and our Pomeranian, Zoe, is from NW Pomeranian Rescue. They all even have their own health insurance policies (the reptiles are insured through VPI Pet Insurance's Exotics policy and the dogs through Embrace).

On a personal note, we don't have kids (don't want them and can't have them even if we did - I'm surgically altered due to endometriosis) so they are our kids. My husband is studying herpetology, and I am pre-law. We hope to someday make a difference in the lives of animals through a combined effort of his scientific knowledge and my law degree. The time (and money) that most people our age (late 20's, early 30's) spend raising a traditional family, we choose to spend on sharing our lives with these animals. Neither of us are terribly social people (meaning, we don't go out and party, etc.) so these animals really are our whole lives. We eventually want to be able to operate our own rescue organization, in my father's name. With the exception of a few individuals, we usually prefer animals to people ~ they don't lie, they don't have ulterior motives, etc. ~ and, for not having much (if any) vocal ability, they communicate remarkably well... sometimes, much better than we as humans do ;)

Anyway, so that's a long answer to a short question, isn't it? It's probably too much personal info, but it's also kind of a preemptive strike against the question that usually follows yours which is "what are you going to do with all these animals when you have kids?" lol The point is, like children, they're a lifetime commitment. :)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what a pretty little girl lexi.

i liked your biography. And think you'll do rather well in your endeavors! Good Luck with it all!!!!

Keep the pics coming.

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Aww,
I enjoyed your response and I think you and your hubby have wonderful plans to making a lasting impact.

Latest posts