• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Power outage

BrandiH

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all! Me again. Baby Charlie is doing great and has grown an inch and a half in 3 weeks and seems very spoiled, happy and healthy. He is now approx 5 months old. My area is calling for an ice storm tonight and over the next couple of days and there will most likely be power outages. I’ve read online what to do to keep them warm and to have them sleep as much as possible...however...everything I read says “except for baby and juvenile dragons” and they don’t say what to do for them..some sites say don’t feed them during outages..some say they have to be fed, but ONLY veggies...so many conflicting things out there and it’s frustrating. I don’t want to do anything harmful to his digestive system. I’m stocked up on BSFL, Dubai’s, and greens. (However, he’s not interested in greens and veggies). Any advice from all you beardie professionals?? Last time we had an ice storm, power was out for two weeks. So I’m kinda freaking out a little. Pics just because he’s absolutely adorable. :0)

Attachments

• 7323A443-95B5-463D-83CD-08AFF167AF50.jpeg
    7323A443-95B5-463D-83CD-08AFF167AF50.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 4060899C-4945-4E7B-92E0-FA777E0EEF3F.jpeg
    4060899C-4945-4E7B-92E0-FA777E0EEF3F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • F523A04B-7243-4FB1-BE22-A404D975123E.jpeg
    F523A04B-7243-4FB1-BE22-A404D975123E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all! Me again. Baby Charlie is doing great and has grown an inch and a half in 3 weeks and seems very spoiled, happy and healthy. He is now approx 5 months old. My area is calling for an ice storm tonight and over the next couple of days and there will most likely be power outages. I’ve read online what to do to keep them warm and to have them sleep as much as possible...however...everything I read says “except for baby and juvenile dragons” and they don’t say what to do for them..some sites say don’t feed them during outages..some say they have to be fed, but ONLY veggies...so many conflicting things out there and it’s frustrating. I don’t want to do anything harmful to his digestive system. I’m stocked up on BSFL, Dubai’s, and greens. (However, he’s not interested in greens and veggies). Any advice from all you beardie professionals?? Last time we had an ice storm, power was out for two weeks. So I’m kinda freaking out a little. Pics just because he’s absolutely adorable. :0)
Here are some ideas for power outage
solar panel + battery charger + maybe a 80Wh deep discharge gel battery + 12VDC to AC inverter + heatpad 7W ( leave it on 24/7 ). You can buy one of those battery back up towers. They can run a small heat bulb or heat mat for quite awhile.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Here are some ideas for power outage
solar panel + battery charger + maybe a 80Wh deep discharge gel battery + 12VDC to AC inverter + heatpad 7W ( leave it on 24/7 ). You can buy one of those battery back up towers. They can run a small heat bulb or heat mat for quite awhile.
Good idea!