• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poops only once a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chompper

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello, i have had my dragon for about four months and just the last two he never goes poo i try giving him a bath putting him on a heating pad rubbing his belly and nothing, it seems like some times two weeks go by and then it finely happens is this normal? I had him on sand but for the last week he has been placed on tile, he eats everyday his basking temp is 110 - 120 uvb is 8 inches away. He has stopped eating crickets about a month ago but still eats his veggies at least 5 times a week and loves superworms so i have been feeding him them about 6 a day is there anything that could be wrong with my guy. thanks for any help i can get!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, a couple of questions.

1. How old is Chompper? Superworms are good for older bearded dragons, not young ones.
2. What are you using to measure your temp?
3. Who is the manufacturer of your uvb bulb?
4. Can you elaborate on the heating pad bit?
5. When you rub his belly, do you feel a lump?
6. What was he on before the sand?
7. What veggies are you feeding him?

Chompper

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1 How old is Chompper? Superworms are good for older bearded dragons, not young ones.-

about 9 months 15in head to tip of tail

2. What are you using to measure your temp? digital with prob

3. Who is the manufacturer of your uvb bulb? ZooMed 10.0

4. Can you elaborate on the heating pad bit? I had a old heat pad that i used and chompper does not like the bath never did so i sometimes put a towel down and lay him on that. I do still give him bath 3 times a week.

5. When you rub his belly, do you feel a lump? no not really if i push hard i can fell a little something, nothing real noticeable

6. What was he on before the sand? He has been on sand forever till this last week

7. What veggies are you feeding him? It was romaine now its collard greens that he does not enjoy to much right now and i try to mix veggies and fruit but he wants nothing to do with them except if i hand feed him and thats just being a little to spoiled i think.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nothing is really jumping out at me here. He is getting older, so pooping tends to slow down.

Don't give up on his salad. A lot of beardies rebel the greens and veggies. If they are hungry enough, they will eat it. Maybe try some butternut squash under the collard greens.

Here's a link to some more veggies and fruits. Go to the feeding section.
Bearded Dragon Care

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
what's wrong with superworms?

how about phoenix worms? they are naturally loaded with calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts