• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poop

shipleydragon

Hatchling Dragon
Hello. When I got home today my dragon had pooped. But it had some red color to the urate. What does thos mean.
He had not pooped for several days and we were even worried he was going into brumation, slowed down didnt have much of an appetitte. But seems to be basking again now. I will post a pic of the poop.

Attachments

• 20231115_155217.jpg
    20231115_155217.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello. When I got home today my dragon had pooped. But it had some red color to the urate. What does thos mean.
He had not pooped for several days and we were even worried he was going into brumation, slowed down didnt have much of an appetitte. But seems to be basking again now. I will post a pic of the poop.
What are you feeding for supplements and have you fed anything red?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I alternate calcium with and without d3 and use vitamins once a week
I don't add supplements to the veges since they are rich in nutrients on their own. The supplements are more to make up for lacking nutrients in captive bred bugs (which lack what they would have in the wild, presumably). I would alternate between the calcium and vitamins. If you offer bugs multiple times per week, then maybe once with the vitamins and the others with calcium. If you offer one bug meal per week then I'd just alternate between them. The D3 supplement has to do with the lighting you have. Using a high powered UVB like a T5 or a good MVB you probably don't need to offer the D3. If you're using a T8 then using the calcium with D3 is a good idea.

Latest posts