• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please please please help leopard geckos in trouble!

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Ok so I finally moved jezabel and Greg in together and they get along so well, but I was cleaning out their water bowls (I had two in there) and I found something crawling around in it!!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436497045.812378.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436497060.782305.jpg
I'm sorry for the bad images but it's that long black thing, it didn't have legs and it kinda just slithered around but I'm freaking out could it be a parasite!? I've noticed that their poop is a little different, it's a bit small and one of the poops seemed to be a bit watery but other than that my girls look healthy. Greg's tail is a bit smaller but I haven't gotten crickets yet and she's not as much of an eater as jezabel is.

I'm also worried for my beardie fox, his last two poops have been a bit green and on the little side (he eats green beans) the poop dosen't look green green it just kinda looks like not fully digested green beans but I'm worried!!!

Please please please help me I'm so upset with my self that I let this happen, I need help.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I was thinking about what if it came out of her poop and went to the water bowl and now I'm more scared than I was before there seemed to be a small grayish dead one in the bowl too but I have no idea, I don't think fox has any because I scoop up his poop right away and I haven't seen anything moving in his poop but I haven't seen anything else suspicious in Greg and Jezabels tank either, there was nothing bad in the other water bowl
Also they seem to act normal, fox just stretches out his pancake body more then he used too but that's about it Greg and jezabel don't act any different
I'm really freaking out

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First off – take a deep breath and calm down. I unfortunately can't tell you what it is or is not but somebody on here probably will be able to help.if you can take what you found along with the sample of poop to a vet and have it looked at. It's probably not anything you did – parasites can come from crickets. Carry-on

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I already killed it, it freaked me out too much and I had to put the bowl back in after I run it under hot water and scrubbed it out.
The thing is they act the same, Greg has never been the type of gecko to eat all the crickets I give her while jezabel eats everything. Some times their poop does look different but that's because sometimes we go a week without crickets, (I'm very forgetful, I know that's bad, and my dads the one that picks them up for me and I have to remind him) and her poop could be watery from how much she's drinking but I never see that because Greg likes to sneak around at night while I'm sleeping

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have them all tested for parasites. It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like it could be a cleaner bug that was in with the crickets.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Update: it looks like my leopard geckos are fine, their poops normal just a little on the big side, but they seem to be fine and I'm very happy with the way they act towards each other they seem to enjoy being around each other and will even cuddle in the rock.
I apologize for freaking out so much last time, I get really worried about them
Although I'm still a bit worried about fox my beardie, he poops differently and its green but he seems to be getting better. I've been feeding him lettuce as well to make sure he's hydrated as well as his favorite green beans.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
great news! be sure and switch up the greens you give your beardie - there are lots of different veggies available. lettuce provides hydration but not much (like zero) nutrition. green beans are not considered a staple. take a look at : beautifuldragons.com - watercress and arugula are my guys favorites. i add a smashed raspberry (my boys favorite) or a bit of sweet potato (my girls favorite) once a week.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
The reason we get green beans all the time is because it's the easiest for my parents to just stop by Aldi and get on their way home from work. Ill take a look at the list and see if I can get anything that would be just as easy for my parents to get

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I have to say I'm super happy that Greg and jezabel get along in fact jezabel seems to be getting Greg to eat more, normally Greg lets the crickets walk around and ignores them for a few days but now she has to compete with jezabel so she goes after them right away! Her tails plumping right up I'm so proud!

Latest posts