• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help..!

Owen truby

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie won't eat veggies and I've tried everything to make her poop but she only does it every few weeks I'm scared she will die so if anyone has a decent awner I will be very happy :). She is a female 3 year old.:bd:.Sorry if I spelt things wrong. ;)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sigh, I have a 4 year old that won't eat her greens. I have to resort to tricking her. When I give her a worm and she is opening her mouth to chew, I put a green in. Hornworms have very sticky feet like velcro, I have them stick to a green and then feed it to her. In the past I wasn't really worried about it but she's had some medical issues this year, including the start of MBD so I've been doing a little more trickery to get her to eat greens.

How often are you feeding her bugs? If she isn't eating anything or not much, then there isn't anything to poop out.

What is her tank set up like? What kind of UVB? What are the temps? When was the last time the UVB was changed?

Owen truby

Bearded Dragon Egg
I feed her a hopper (cricket) once a day and I dust it in calcium. Here's the thing though when I put her food tray in front of her she'll look Instrested sometimes open her mouth and then just look away every now and again I do have to resort to what you do. The uvb I'm using is an exo terra 20w 24" 10.0 uvb titled repti glow desert terrarium lamp. I'll send you the set up. I have only got her late October and so far I haven't changed the uvb and I have a thermostat set to 34 degrees Celsius . At night I have a heat mat attached to a thermostat set to 20 degrees celsius. This keeps her slightly warm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Okay so no heat mat what-so-ever. Beardies can't feel heat on their belly so they don't know if something is getting too hot for them and they can burn themselves.

The bark is very dangerous for her, if she ingests any of it it could impact her real bad since it's impossible for the bark to pass through her intestine.

The UVB light is a good start, however the Exoterra brand bulbs aren't real good. They are better than using a coil or compact fluorescent but not as good as an Arcadia 12% or a ReptiSun 10.0.

Try to bump up her temp. 35-39 celsius would be better for her.

What are you using to measure your temps?

Dale McMinnis

Hatchling Dragon
Okay so no heat mat what-so-ever. Beardies can't feel heat on their belly so they don't know if something is getting too hot for them and they can burn themselves.

The bark is very dangerous for her, if she ingests any of it it could impact her real bad since it's impossible for the bark to pass through her intestine.

The UVB light is a good start, however the Exoterra brand bulbs aren't real good. They are better than using a coil or compact fluorescent but not as good as an Arcadia 12% or a ReptiSun 10.0.

Try to bump up her temp. 35-39 celsius would be better for her.

What are you using to measure your temps?

Dale McMinnis

Hatchling Dragon
If they don't want to eat there veggie feed them to your feeders they wll get them that way as far as pooping give them warm baths every day mine poops in his bath every morning. Just don't make it hot about 95 to 100 is fine,

Owen truby

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok what shall I have as a replacement floor and I use habistat for the thermostats also I'm quite young and do not have a whole lot of money to work off (I've saved up £180 for now) so we just chose the middle range one. Sorry for the long time period between each reply I keep forgetting so anyway could you please go through the prices of each item of recommendation and how long they last. That would be great, thanks for the help

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Owen - for the flooring you can use paper towels. some people use newspaper, but the ink tends to rub off and get the beardies feet black. There is some great information in the links below my signature - couple of our members put these together. good stuff. please look through there. I think I don't understand - "1 hopper" = 1 cricket? crickets here in the US are small. we may be thinking of a different insect. 1 cricket is almost nothing. are you maybe referencing a locust? 1 locust might be acceptable. 1 cricket ? no. if you are indeed feeding crickets - as many as he will eat in 15 minutes. you can try hand feeding her. maybe get some baby food (or puree your own mix) try giving her a few drops of olive oil Ditto what Patsy B said about the heat mat. sometimes they just take time. have you removed the wood chips?

Owen truby

Bearded Dragon Egg
I live in England and we get 6 sizes I use the 5th one and are fairly big. Just a bit bigger as the gap between her eyes. thx for info btw.they name the crickets hoppers but they are basically crickets. Ok will now remove wood chips and replace with kitchen towels. Is there any specification for the baby food. Really do appreciate info given so thanks a lot :)

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
re: baby food - I recommend organic (I don't like chemicals) as for flavor ? carrot and squash tend to be sweeter so he may like them better. or any mix. want to try to get some protein. you can always puree your crickets. I know that sounds gross, but --- well, we do what we can - right ?

Owen truby

Bearded Dragon Egg
xD yeah. Will do. She has become ill and taking precautions sooo, stuff to do! I'll let you know asap on what has been going on. Again thanks

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
xD yeah. Will do. She has become ill and taking precautions sooo, stuff to do! I'll let you know asap on what has been going on. Again thanks
:( sorry to hear she's not well please keep us posted

Owen truby

Bearded Dragon Egg
Could you just purée squash and carrot instead of buying a jar cause I live in a non-urban district and there are basically no shops at all and if there were there wouldn't be a big range I looked earlier and the closest I got was organic vegetables baby food.
I feel she is getting better though cause I took her out this morning and she ran around a little bit so that's good. Also when her scales go dark what does that mean?

Owen truby

Bearded Dragon Egg
It was quite funny this morning she had a hopper on her back and was trying to get it off with her tail and puffy chin. xD

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You can absolutely purée things instead of buying them. you just want it to have the consistency of baby food if you are syringe feeding.

As for dark scales, that can mean a number of things. They tend to do this when they are cold and trying to attract more heat, stressed, or irritated at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie Clifford

Hatchling Dragon
I don't know if you handle yours a lot, but if you do it the wrong way he/she may become stressed or hurt resulting on not eating, not very sure though.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Could you just purée squash and carrot instead of buying a jar cause I live in a non-urban district and there are basically no shops at all and if there were there wouldn't be a big range I looked earlier and the closest I got was organic vegetables baby food.
I feel she is getting better though cause I took her out this morning and she ran around a little bit so that's good. Also when her scales go dark what does that mean?

Pureeing your own greens are much healthier for your bearded dragon than feeding it baby food. You can use your healthy greens and veggies and you can add calcium and bee pollen and probiotics and other good supplements.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use my magic bullet machine to puree their greens and veggies for when I do slurries, adding in some coconut water for the water part.

Latest posts