• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Planning outdoor project.

Xoek

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was talking about making outdoor enclosures for our dragons. Take advantage of the natural sun out here. My dad said I could have this to make one. It's was an elevated planter g with built for my mom some years ago. The bottom is drilled out to allow for drainage. sure how long it is, but it's 36 in wide.

Not really in a hurry, I like to plan out my projects and think about them for a while. Especially something this big. I'm going to try to make it as awesome as possible, because I have another even more ambitious project lined up after this, and since this will be outside and who cares how it looks, I figure I'll get some practice out of it. On a related note , a good outdoor substrate that will allow drainage from it when it rains. I was thinking gravel, maybe? A larger gravel
997c6d173593b259bc56f9f0d6297aa6.jpg
8cd6c7829de392f86a3190d5391fe21d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Are you talking outdoor enclosure to leave your dragon out 24/7 or just during the day? It's not recommended to leave them out all the time. Especially at night where something could get to them. A day time outdoor enclosure is a great idea just keep in mind that you need to offer places in the enclosure for it to hide and if it gets too hot out you need to bring it inside. They can die outside if it's too hot for them. Just like an indoor enclosure, I wouldn't recommend any kind of loose substrate. Gravel is the worst because they will eat it and won't be able to pass it. I would use some sort of tile or carpet.

Xoek

Bearded Dragon Egg
Day enclosure, I'm imagining when I have two of them build they'd be out there while I'm doing yard work or whatever. I'm planning on making it nice, lots of areas to hide, branches and rocks to bask and sun, locking hoods

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
looks like a great project - agree with Patsy - carpet or tile, please. And - consider some type of cover which you can clamp down. Couple of reasons - beardies climb. I had one climb out of a pen I built. I was looking under bushes, behind pots, etc etc. he was at the end of the walkway watchin me. The other reason : birds. beardies could be a tasty little meal. I know - you'll be right there. but - life happens. lookin forward to watching the progress

Latest posts