• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pinkies?

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I've got a feeding question that someone might be able to help me on.. I have a large BD and I feed him crickets and fruit/veggies with occasional wax worms and other treats. But recently a friend of mine asked me if I fed him Pinkies and the thought never occurred to me and I was curious if you can feed them Pinkies and even if you can whether it would be healthy or harmful to him.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Some people do but ive also heard that they cant digest the bones properly. Im not 100% sure tho but i wouldnt just to be on the safe side. Ive seen you tube videos of people feeding bd's all sorts of things that im sure isnt recomended

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you very much. I had the same worries thinking about the bones. But if anyone else out there does indeed feed Pinkies and want to give testimonials please share..

TarynLee

Hatchling Dragon
I have pet mice and I've thought about letting them breed and feeding the babies to Connor bc right now I have three girls and 1 boy since his brothers passed away. I hate thinking he's so lonely by himself! But I really don't want any more mice so.... Lol

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yea I knew that they were high in fat that was why I was considering feeding him one perhaps every week or ten days or so. Just so he gets a good meaty meal. But i still am concerned about his body not being able to easily breakdown the bones.

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awesome thank you. And there wasnt any change in the health like difficulty pooping or anything like that?

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it. Now if I can get him to stop attacking everything we will be all around golden

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
haha yea sometimes I just don't know what to do with him but i Love him.. But man he gets mean sometimes. drew blood on more than one occasion

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was just reading an earlier post about reptile_junkies beardie not pooping. Finally when it did, he discovered a not fully digested pinkie mouse.

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
Maxxdout- No I got him a few months ago at a local pet store. He probably didn't have a loving previous owner so he's just a little shy and a bit aggressive but I'm handling him and making him get used to contact. And to smokejunky- I figured he shouldnt have too much problem with it considering they would eat them in the wild if he came across it but I think for now i'll stick with Dubia and waxworms

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; why don't you give him some can grass-hoppers?? I used to give them to my big female I had and she loved them.She was hard to fill up and their good for your dragon. Hope this helps and most shops sell them-River-7

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
YES; Agreeded but some people live in Canada and can't get them[well can] but it is illegal and if caught they seize all roaches and all animals and if you get them back-They will all be in very bad condition. That is why I suggested grass hoppers for some that live in Canada. River-7

Latest posts