• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink Urates

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie has reached the age where she can lay eggs! She has exhibited less eating and more urates. I felt bumps along the side of her and thought, she'd pass them, but she hasn't yet. So I know it's not poop.

I gave her some fresh warm water sifted sand to get her to start laying her eggs. (I don't have a container to use as an egg laying bin because all of them are now being used for the dogs' food and treats. :( The only thing she's got is a bath bin without a lid.

I put the sand in her tank on the hot side with her hide to use as a place to lay eggs.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would really try and get a proper lay bin set up as soon as you can if you think she really is full of eggs and especially if its her first time. Guaranteed too that by just putting playsand in just one part of her enclosure that it will soon be scattered from one end to the other:eek:
Hope everything "comes out okay!" (all puns intended):D
Enjoy!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, I'll see what I can find. She's been sitting in her tank, basking. :D No lid, but how about a towel? I have the basking light on her.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good luck Allie and Noella! Let us know how she is doing!! :confused:

She's fine, but she had a white urate with no pink in it when I put her into her bin.

Then this morning, she had a white urate without any pink. :confused:

Crazy little girl...:D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is what you need to set up for her...its nothing complicated and she will appreciate it when she is ready to lay:)

Lay Bin Set Up:
http://www.reptilescanada.com/showthread.php/57831-Exclusive-Care-Info-Library-Lay-Bin-Set-Up

Egg Laying and Things You Will Need:
http://www.reptilescanada.com/showt...brary-Egg-Laying-and-The-Things-You-Will-Need

You probably already had those links but just in case not thought I would post them for you. The info will eliminate the guess work:)
Enjoy!

I don't have vermulite nor can I find any at the local Home Depot. I have a feeling ACE has it, but they're probably closed because of Memorial Day. So I used sifted play sand and her urates are back to white again. No pink.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If Ace doesn't have it you may want to check at a local Garden Nursery because gardeners use a lot of vermiculite and I have found small bags of it at Walmart in the gardening section on a few occasion too:)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If Ace doesn't have it you may want to check at a local Garden Nursery because gardeners use a lot of vermiculite and I have found small bags of it at Walmart in the gardening section on a few occasion too:)

I'll check when I go out today and see. There's some nurseries around here and there. They're small, but it doesn't hurt to look. :)

Still no pink urates and no signs of excessive digging-unless she's doing it very quietly. She's not restless either and isn't looking for a place to lay.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You should watch her close. If you are sure that she is gravid but she isn't laying our stops trying then there is the possibility of egg binding. That is one reason the lay bin is very important.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Will do. I noticed she hasn't eaten much of greens this morning. She nibbled a little bit when I hand fed her. She didn't even touch her crickets this morning.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She ate all her greens this evening with a hint of green bean baby food as a treat. No cricket appetite. :D

Latest posts