• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pics Of Maxi

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is that the normal temp of the tank 90.3? That is a bit cold for the hot side of the tank. Not sure of the age of your guy, for a baby the temp should be 105-110* and for an adult it should be 95-105*. What is the watt of your bulb?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
li said:
Is that the normal temp of the tank 90.3? That is a bit cold for the hot side of the tank. Not sure of the age of your guy, for a baby the temp should be 105-110* and for an adult it should be 95-105*. What is the watt of your bulb?

For clarification, those are basking surface temps and not the temps of the substrate on the hot side of the tank.

bullpup050

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
its the temp of the cool side of the tank and air temp - remember i have had lots to concentrate on today and while he was in the bath the glass was removed from the viv only put that back in when he went back inside. Normal temp is around 98 - 105 as recomended by our local pet shop that sold us maxi the lamp is a 50w sun glo daylight basking spot lamp probably should have moved these posts to another topic so appologies in advance but advice to me was is more important than worrying about where i posted :)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When you say normal temp is around 98 to 105, you are referring to the basking "surface" temp...right?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
bullpup050 said:
OK thanks for all the responces so far he is out of the water and in his tank with lamp on heat at the moment is 90.3 and yes its a digital thermomiter put him directly under the lamp while i picked kids up but will move him to the cooler part of the tank didnt want him to get too cold after his bath :) should i put a moist paper towel bed under him or maybe a sponge soaked in water ??? i have a brand new one that would do the trick or even a shammy maybe just to keep moisture under his belly untill we goto the vets

As long as his "outtings" are on the inside, there is no need for the dampness. Only if what's inside becomes part of outside of his body is this necessary to keep the area moist. he may need a small stitch to maintain that.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
bullpup050 said:
Yes craiger thats what i mean - sorry if i confused you :-[

No need to apologize. Just trying to get some clarification so we're on the same page. You've got bigger issues at hand....so just focus on getting Maxi better. Keep us posted on what you find out.

bullpup050

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
This forum and especially LADYKNITE have been invaluable for information when i knew nothing of the problems and helped calm the nerves, i want to thank you all for the excellent advice and you will be the first to know exactly what we find out later on when we get back from the vets keep watching :) Time to pack maxi up for his trip away from home got shoe box with a warm pack of rice inside and tea towel laid in bottom with some kitchen towel for comfort on top and all packed in a plastic tank for protection anything else i should think of ?? ohh and no poop to take :(

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you're ready to go! I can't think of anything to add.

bullpup050

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I can :p vet just called cant see max till thursday morning said it sounds like a prolapse keep giving baths every day and moistening his lips will be having a few xrays as he is a bit worried about max not being able to move his back legs other than through twitching or nerves but cost is going to be around £50 which is good as the rspca say they will cover £40 of the costs :) so i guess back to beardie monitoring and trying to look not bothered in front of kids lol ;)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
bullpup050 said:
I can :p vet just called cant see max till thursday morning said it sounds like a prolapse keep giving baths every day and moistening his lips will be having a few xrays as he is a bit worried about max not being able to move his back legs other than through twitching or nerves but cost is going to be around £50 which is good as the rspca say they will cover £40 of the costs :) so i guess back to beardie monitoring and trying to look not bothered in front of kids lol ;)

Oh geez.....two more days? Sounds like you're doing the right things, though.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I hope everything gets better soon, and I agree, the people on this site are invaluable when it comes to scary things and even not so scary things.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmmmm. ok prolapse is a definate.
the lack of movement of the hind limbs should concern him. Glad he'll do some xrays to find what's causing that. Could be what's causing the prolapse the well. If so, relief of the pressure on the spinal nerve and a stitch in the inside of the "vent" should ease both problems.

Keep us updated.

bullpup050

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well todays the day Maxi finally has his visit to the vets will update you all on how he is on our return fingers crossed its nothing to serious

bullpup050

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Unfortunately fingers and toes on this occasion havent helped Maxi he had some form of brittle bone deficiency and broke his back so it wasnt prolapse he was paralised and wouldnt have been able to use his back legs again. From advice through the vets we said our goodbyes and let him goto sleep. :'(

But having had Maxi for a year and a half we love beardies and will be looking for a new one sometime soon so any breaders out there looking for good homes we have one free :)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am so sorry to hear this...
*warm hugs*.
I know others will join me in consoling you, as best we can.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no black beard? no sign of pain? Never would have thought..........................
I'm so sorry. You did the best you could. Time heals all pain and this too will subside.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard to say goodbye to a loved pet.

Latest posts