• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pet store pellets?

MuggleMaggie

Hatchling Dragon
Do I need these? Do I just keep them in the tank, or no? Should our juvenile beardie just be getting greens and crickets?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Feeding pellets is a personal choice. Personally I feed Repcal BD Food for the appropriate sized BD, have for pretty close to a decade, along with greens & roaches, but most of mine will only eat the Green ones. So I feed the red & brown ones as a Gutload to my feeders & they get them anyway :p . If it is your choice to feed Pellets, NEVER feed them dry, always moisten them just enough until they swell, spongy, not soggy. Feeding Dry Food requires too much of their water stores during the digestion process & can quite quickly lead to dehydration issues.

MuggleMaggie

Hatchling Dragon
alrighty, very good. Thanks! I think I will just avoid them for now, because he doesn't want to eat his greens.

Latest posts