• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pellets

Mellie24

Hatchling Dragon
Is it essential to feed those lizard dry/wet pellets to your Bearded dragon? Spike has no interest in them at all
He has a great salad, and eats that with our a drama
Thanks

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
No it is not essential. Some folks, me for one, use them to supplement our dragons diet. The RepCal "pellets" are balanced and good. Be aware that many dragons will only eat the green pellets. If that happens to be the case then you can crush the Red and Brown pellets and feed them to your crickets or roaches. That way your dragon still gets the benefit of them when he eats his live prey feeders.
IMPORTANT WARNING.. Dry pellets should NEVER be fed. They must be pre-moistened before offering them. If they are are fed dry they will contribute to dehydrating your dragon.
Enjoy!

Mellie24

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks, I always gave wet ones to him but he just never touches them, so I gave up, I'll just feed my roaches them
Thanks

Pat B

Super Moderator
The Petsmart that I go to for crickets feed their baby beardies DRY pellets all the time!! Go figure! Breaks my heart to see that dry food and those teeny tiny dragons are supposed to eat it??

Latest posts