• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Peeing frequently and abnormal behavior

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my beardie has been acting a bit strange for the past week. She has been peeing very often and leaves a bit a poop every so often. But what’s concerning me the most is she’s normally very attentive but not super active but as of a week she’s been super hyper and she’s been running around, jumping and exploring way more. Tonight her lights went off since I have a timer and I came to find out she still has the zoomies even with her lights off. Is there something going on? Her basking temps are good as well as her cool side and uvb is a bar light. I’m not sure if I should be concerned.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, my beardie has been acting a bit strange for the past week. She has been peeing very often and leaves a bit a poop every so often. But what’s concerning me the most is she’s normally very attentive but not super active but as of a week she’s been super hyper and she’s been running around, jumping and exploring way more. Tonight her lights went off since I have a timer and I came to find out she still has the zoomies even with her lights off. Is there something going on? Her basking temps are good as well as her cool side and uvb is a bar light. I’m not sure if I should be concerned.
Please go over the surface basking temps and your UVB-- bar light brand and bulb and where is it top of screen or inside the tank --- how old is the UVB? Surface basking temps should be 95-100 for a dragon of 6 months to adult - babies need warmer 105-110- the zoomies shes having will make them go to the bathroom more often - very common - we want to make sure the husbandry is on par for her behavior - once this is ruled out we can say she has spring zoomies --- has she ever laid eggs?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just don't see anything of concern here that requires doubling back over all of their husbandry. Occam's Razor n stuff

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please go over the surface basking temps and your UVB-- bar light brand and bulb and where is it top of screen or inside the tank --- how old is the UVB? Surface basking temps should be 95-100 for a dragon of 6 months to adult - babies need warmer 105-110- the zoomies shes having will make them go to the bathroom more often - very common - we want to make sure the husbandry is on par for her behavior - once this is ruled out we can say she has spring zoomies --- has she ever laid eggs?
I think I’ve kept pretty
hi Sadie :) her basking temp is 94 and cool side is 75 her uvb is a 10.0 uvb I changed it 2 months ago. The uvb is inside and the basking is ontop

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think I’ve kept pretty

hi Sadie :) her basking temp is 94 and cool side is 75 her uvb is a 10.0 uvb I changed it 2 months ago. The uvb is inside and the basking is ontop
I would try and raise her surface basking temp up to 95-100 -- she may not be getting the poop fully digested try and getting the temps up and see if it makes a difference you want to get the surface basking temp w / a digital probe thermometer --- cool side I would get it up to 80ish or so -- do you have the UVB directly over a piece of basking decor 12-15 inches?

The Dragonry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Making the basking temps hotter might help! Just as a little learning lesson....they don't just pee or poop. The urates (white part) is the urine and it's on the end of the brown part (the poop). It should have some form to it and can be a little watery. I'm not sure what you're seeing but if it looks like lots of water, it's like diarrhea and that could be a digestive issue, an illness, or directly related to lighting. Are you seeing any undigested bugs?

Neuro

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am not saying this is for sure the case but I had similar issues when my girl was gravid and trying to get out to find dirt/a place to lay.

just thought I should mention in case.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's a really good point. Offering a lay box or a dig box wouldn't hurt

Latest posts