• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Peach has arrived!

LittlePeach

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I've just gotten back into that beardie life! Our new baby is (I think) a girl, and until proven otherwise, she will be known as Princess Peach, or Peach for short. She's a bit of a sassy little thing at 2.5 months old. Her picture is my profile photo. She definitely alternates between thinking my hand is something out to eat her and being OK with me picking her up. Crickets and dubia roaches are her jam, but I hate crickets and their jumping around. I want to look into just making my own roach colony so that I don't have to buy them...because good lord are they pricey. We haven't had many worms yet, I need to order some.

I think she's going through a bit of relocation stress, I've seen posts here that she should probably be eating more and I think she's picking it up. I am having a bit of trouble getting a schedule because of my work schedule and she is already a lazy lady and is slow to wake up. I see a lot of 2x/3x a day but are there good times? suggested feeding schedules?

Thanks!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome back to the beardie life!

I adjusted their schedule around mine. Lights go on at 6am (on a timer) so they can warm up and I can feed before work. When they were babies, I came home and fed them at lunch time and then I fed them right when I got home so they had 2 hours to bask and digest before the lights went out at 8pm. You would probably be okay just feeding before work and after work and skipping the middle meal if you can't get home for it. Just feed 3x on your days off.

She will probably take some time getting settled in. It may take a couple weeks before she's eating a ton. You could cover the sides of her tank to make her feel more secure. Dubia are pricey but they are also very filling so you don't have to use so many to feed. I think it's something like 8 crickets equals 1 dubia.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome back!!! And congratulations on Peach she is a cutie! I ditto what patsy already said.. Getting a Dubia colony was the best thing I could have done for sure!! I haven't bought dubia in almost 2 years!! Great feeders!! Look forward to seeing pictures

LittlePeach

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! I will try the twice a day and then three times on weekends feeding. She wasn't interested in food this morning. I think she ate too much/more than she is used to last night. When I got her she was living with her bigger sibling and I think it was eating more than its fair share. She also wasn't handled very much so, I am moving slowly with her. She puts on a big show when I put my hand in sometimes. I will definitely be posting pictures!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Latest posts