• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pablo has gone four days without crix!

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
Pablo has gone four days without crix an will have to go another three until the lps gets any due to weather will he be ok with only kale,and bearded dragon pellets? I feel bad for him but he still looks fine except for the last bm he had was black as night and usually it's green .

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Keep giving him the pellets and fresh veggies as you are. This should tide him over till the goods arrive ;)

If your not against roaches. You may want to look into a colony of dubia, discoid, orange heads or other non climbing species to keep as a back up.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What kind of bearded dragon pellets? Are they those green and red pellets or those brown ones?

Turnip Greens: 3.2 % in protein
Kale: 4.9% in protein, says to feed occasionally on beautifuldragons.com/nutrition site.
Collard Greens: 8% in protein
Mustard Greens: 6.3% in protein.

If your bearded's a baby or juvenile, they require crickets every day. Adults? I'm not sure because mine's only a year and half, and she's still growing. I give her eight once a day.

The poop may be that color because of all the pellets and kale's he/she's eaten. I've heard so many stories about how long they can go without crickets. I ran out of crickets today because about almost all of them died within three days after laying eggs. Males included. I fed her all that I had today so tomorrow, I'll be making a trip to Petland for her crickets. (I wish I could help you, but if you're snowed in, really can't do anything.) I know what it feels like to be snowed in if you're stuck with snow.

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
I would estimate him at 9-10 inches def a juvi. I didn't know kale was only a sometimes veggi...but it's the green and red pellets and kale with carrots every other day shredded but I don't even think he touches the kale...I would love to start a roach colony but that will have to wait for income tax...I know my lps sai Friday on crix and I'm not snowed in or anything I mean we have snow just the lps said its to cold to ship even overnight by Friday it should be in the low 40 tho so she sai they should...should have them if not idk what to do cuz I'm broke except for five dollars...lmao so I can't ride the extra 40 miles to get any crix

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would estimate him at 9-10 inches def a juvi. I didn't know kale was only a sometimes veggi...but it's the green and red pellets and kale with carrots every other day shredded but I don't even think he touches the kale...I would love to start a roach colony but that will have to wait for income tax...I know my lps sai Friday on crix and I'm not snowed in or anything I mean we have snow just the lps said its to cold to ship even overnight by Friday it should be in the low 40 tho so she sai they should...should have them if not idk what to do cuz I'm broke except for five dollars...lmao so I can't ride the extra 40 miles to get any crix

Does the pellets have nutrition facts? If so, see how much protein is in it, if any. I can't seem to find one. I'm getting one for adults, but I'm going to feed the pellets to the crickets. Shredded carrots always acts as a laxative to Allie, so I try not to give it to her too much. She does like grated parsnips.

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
Rep-Cal juvenile bearded dragon food
29% crude protein
2% crude fat
12% crude fiber
12% moisture
The pellets are green, red, and brown

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Rep-Cal juvenile bearded dragon food
29% crude protein
2% crude fat
12% crude fiber
12% moisture
The pellets are green, red, and brown

As long as he's getting the protein from the bearded dragon pellets, he'll be all right as Gill'sexotics says.

There's a canned bearded dragon food for both adults and juveniles. (Allie didn't care for it, but the crickets cared a lot for it. They ate the heck out of it.) The first time Allie had it was when she was out with me and I didn't have a salad packed at the time. She ate a little bit before turning up her nose.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, Bk7, you're not the only one who's lps ran out of crickets. They're out and only have babies. So I got her some 'treats' today (supers and bearded dragon pellets.) instead of crickets. She had three supers.

Reactions: Bk7

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
Well my wife had to go out of state today...luckily south :) and she stopped at a petco and got some crickets. To bad Pablo is already out for the night but bright an early he will get his munchin on for sure!!! I need to pic some fresh veggies up tomorrow an since kale is a "sometimes" item what would you suggest. He really loves kale so what would be something he might be fooled with lol. Btw my name is Brandon. I don't know why i put bk7. Guess I could've been a little more creative! Ha

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's okay, Brandon. I've got til tomorrow. If not, I have the bearded dragon pellets for emergency use. *May be the juvenile formula, but it'll work because that's all they've got for now.

The Petland closed for a month or two without warning (I was lucky then.) because the owner owed 400,000 to the company he rented from. (He didn't have a lot of supplies either.) Found out they were supposed to have 800 something supplies available and they only had 600 something items. He was the one who wanted me to breed Allie with a male. Then sell the babies to him. (I refused to breed Allie.) He either went to jail or is being ordered to pay the 400,000 via a court. Now this petland went under new management and a new cricket breeder because they're crickets were infested with those little black beetles and worms. (The cleaner bugs.)

Latest posts