• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Overfed?

hey where's Perry

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 10 inch long baby bd. Right now he is eating about 80 medium size crickets every 3 days
I do get him greens and veggies at lunchtime and he used to eat them but he has kind of stop eating them and I'm wondering if maybe I'm giving him too many crickets and that's why he's not eating them plus he is eating so many crickets I'm constantly running out to buy more so should I just go by the number of crickets a day
He does poop sometimes twice a day but he does poop at least once a day. Is there is a typical amount of crickets that they should eat or is every bearded dragon different. Is this expected or am I turning him into a bearded piggy?
thanks

Attachments

• 20140206_194945.jpg
    20140206_194945.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used to limit mine to 30-35 appropriate sized crix a day, if they wanted that many. 80 in 3 days does not sound out of the ordinary. Small, medium & large is all relative, depends on who you talk to or whose selling them. I've often seen what one merchant considers large, another considers small. How many they will eat also depends on how well gutloaded the feeders are. The age old rule of thumb, of all they will eat in a 10-15 minute period per sitting has always seemed to be the best method to gauge the amount to feed.

See the article on "Too Little? Too Much? --- FOOD" here @ http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
My sneaky little girl will simetimes slip in her veggie bowl when I'm not looking so it's hard to say how much she eats. I just keep it fresh and full and let her do what she wants. Also, some days she'll eat 12 roaches in one sitting...other times only 2. One feeding she simply climbed inside the feeding cup WITH the roaches and proceeded to lay down on them lol. I offer and let her decide how much she wants. (Live prey- I offer for 15 minutes)

Latest posts