• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Over heated

Honey_Bunny

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, my beardie is nearly a year old, he basking light went out today, and I can’t exactly go get a new one, so I put her in a clear plastic container with big holes in the lid and let her bask in it on my back porch. She was out there for maybe an hour, I checked on her every 30 minutes, the first 30 she was ok but then I went back out and she had her mouth all of the way open and was panting. Her beard was black, which I have never seen it black before because she’s usually happy. I cooled her down immeadiately by putting a wet rag on her and putting her in front of a fan because I didn’t want her to go into shock. I don’t know if it was a heat stroke or something along those lines. She’s ok now, regular breathing and heartbeat. Her beard is no longer black and she is back at a good temperature. I was so dumb to leave her out there, but the temperature is in the low low 70’s. I know what I did was so bad and I will absolutely NEVER do it again, but I need to know the steps I need to take to make sure she’s ok and what effects this may have on her.

Honey_Bunny

Bearded Dragon Egg
okay! Thank you so much for your help and quick reply. She seems perfectly fine now, but I’ll keep an eye on her.

Latest posts