• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Outdoor play pen.

Syrax

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m thinking about building an outdoor play pen for my bearded dragon Syrax. I’m thinking 8x4x4 with chicken wire enclosing it.

My question is, would regular 2x4’s I’d get at home depo okay, also would the chicken wire be potentially problematic. Also looking for recommendations on if I should leave the bottom exposed so he’s on natural earth/grass or put some kind of bottom on it.

It’s starting to get warm here in Canada and I’d like to be able to give him a few hours a week outside when temps permit it.

Here’s a pic of him just cuz :p

Attachments

• 17FF0D91-316E-4C24-92CB-2ABF8A814A92.jpeg
    17FF0D91-316E-4C24-92CB-2ABF8A814A92.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m thinking about building an outdoor play pen for my bearded dragon Syrax. I’m thinking 8x4x4 with chicken wire enclosing it.

My question is, would regular 2x4’s I’d get at home depo okay, also would the chicken wire be potentially problematic. Also looking for recommendations on if I should leave the bottom exposed so he’s on natural earth/grass or put some kind of bottom on it.

It’s starting to get warm here in Canada and I’d like to be able to give him a few hours a week outside when temps permit it.

Here’s a pic of him just cuz :p
I ve asked someone to help you

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Regular 2x4s should be just fine! Chicken wire is also fine but I like hardware cloth a little better. It's the square and thicker version of chicken wire. I like the open bottom idea. I made one like that for my tortoise. Don't forget to make a shaded area as well so he can feel secure as needed.

Syrax

Bearded Dragon Egg
Regular 2x4s should be just fine! Chicken wire is also fine but I like hardware cloth a little better. It's the square and thicker version of chicken wire. I like the open bottom idea. I made one like that for my tortoise. Don't forget to make a shaded area as well so he can feel secure as needed.
Awesome thanks a lot!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I ve asked someone to help you
Heres the response I got

I think that should work. Chicken wire should be OK. Bottom can be exposed as long as there isnt concern for a predator digging under. Not really a problem if the enclosure is temporary/daytime only. Good to provide some shade area as well as full sun areas so a shelter or cover on part of the enclosure is a good idea.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol Sadie just get this person to register an account already :p

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol Sadie just get this person to register an account already :p
I have tried but they are busy and are already a mod on another forum- I did get Tracie to register tho

Latest posts