• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Outdoor Basking Ideas

cbgarner2002

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey folks! Okay, so I would love for my little beardie to get some time outside but I can't drop a lot of money at the moment. Are there any practical DIY ideas that any of you have found work well? I'm thinking I could slap some wood and screen from Lowe's together well enough but I didn't know if there was something else that may work that I'm just not thinking of.

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
It's great that his going to get sun light. It's very very healthy for them and brightens there colors. (The only thing that would cost money is 1 thing) What you can do is get a hamster cage (if it's and adult a big one, a small one for juveniles) get newspaper or paper towels and lay them on the bottom. And then get anything that your beardie can go under. (For shade away from the heat) and maybe a little bowl for some pellets If your leaving him out alone. (Its fine to leave him alone if it has a top that your beardie can't get out of) make sure it's like bars and not a plastic top (plastic won't let any air/heat in.)ya know let him chill for 30 min to an hour. ((I know it's alot of stuff xD But this was recommended to me by a reptile vet.)) GoodLuck!

cbgarner2002

Bearded Dragon Egg
I may try that out! My only fear would be that she somehow wiggled through the bars or that a predator managed to get her. But I will do some experimenting and probably end up going this route! :D

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
Ya, if that happened to my beardie I would probably die.... xD. Juse experiment and if you don't think it will work, I'm sure there will be more responds :)

cbgarner2002

Bearded Dragon Egg
11429501_10153398261731212_404779930_o.jpg

I found the perfect thing!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've heard some people using a mesh clothes hamper that zips all the way closed. I think you can get the at Walmart. I just bring Dexter out and sit her on my lap, she never goes far. Luci on the other hand gets a leash but he is still kinda scared of being outside, but he loves to LOOK outside.

Latest posts