• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Orbeez as a water source for feeder insects?

Geneticjim

Juvenile Dragon
Hey all. I have a ton of orbeez that my son doesn't want to play with. I was wondering if I mixed calcium and multivitamins in the water then made the orbeez with that mix. Would it be a good water source for the insects and won't harm my BD?

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I looked at what they r and I don't know if they could be harmful to the bug and then the dragon. I get water crystals from the cricket company . Super cheap they last a long time and safe .

Geneticjim

Juvenile Dragon
I looked at what they r and I don't know if they could be harmful to the bug and then the dragon. I get water crystals from the cricket company . Super cheap they last a long time and safe .
That's what I was thinking. All the sites I see those water crystals are killer on shipping. Any sites that don't overcharge for shipping?

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
LL reptile charges 6.00 for any order . I get them at rainbow crickets but no good deal on shipping

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wonder what they are colored with that would be my only concern. But like hdrydr31 I got Miracle grow water storing crystals. I got them from Amazon, they were like $8 a bag and the bag is going to last forever.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wonder what they are colored with that would be my only concern. But like hdrydr31 I got Miracle grow water storing crystals. I got them from Amazon, they were like $8 a bag and the bag is going to last forever.
Yep the color is my concern... yea I think my bag of crystals is 16 oz cost about 8-10 bucks and lasts forever can't remember last time I bought it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I put a little bit in a tupperware container and added water until it expanded. Some people just use a gallon jug and store it in that.

Geneticjim

Juvenile Dragon
I got the bag from home depot. I only put a little in a container. I didn't realize how friggin much it expands! I have about a gallon of the crystals ready to go and I barely used any out of the bag lol

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got the bag from home depot. I only put a little in a container. I didn't realize how friggin much it expands! I have about a gallon of the crystals ready to go and I barely used any out of the bag lol

Yea it expands like 5x it's size lol
a very little goes a long way now just be aware of if it sits too long make sure it doesn't get "stale or smells old" I only make up a small pickle jar at a time.. lol

Geneticjim

Juvenile Dragon
Yea it expands like 5x it's size lol
a very little goes a long way now just be aware of if it sits too long make sure it doesn't get "stale or smells old" I only make up a small pickle jar at a time.. lol
I'm going to have to throw some out. Lol so do you put calcium and vitamins in the water for the crystals?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm going to have to throw some out. Lol so do you put calcium and vitamins in the water for the crystals?
no I don't as if you are feeding good gut loaded foods you don't need to add to it there.

Latest posts