• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Omg I did the math

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I buy 2000 2 week crickets for 32.00 at my cricket and bait store. At petco I was paying 8.00 for 50 med crickets . 2000 crickets from petco would be 320.00. And I buy every other week. I hate math but I think it just saved my organs from having to be sold on the black market for crickets.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! I did that math a LONG time ago! Petco was always iffy. I would get one clerk that wouldn't count and I would get way more than what I asked for and then I had another that would sit there and count!

Stephen Vokoun

Hatchling Dragon
I used to work at petco and would tell everyone that bought crickets too go and buy them online and people would come back and tell me how they couldn't believe how cheap they really are!

anonymousn3rd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would love to be able to buy my feeders online! I live in Arizona though where it is still averaging about 105-110 degrees outside so I can't order from any website and get the live guarantee

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
That would be brutal on them. It seems like Az. would ba a great place for a cricket farm. It's usually also a bait shop and I don't know why they would sell bait in Az. Nevermind. A reptile store is a better option than petco if online not an option. I used to stress while I was waiting for a shipment I always paid for next day so when they came dead once I was furious. They had sat in various post offices for days at a time. It wasn't the money it was 2000 dead little souls to me and I was livid.

Stephen Vokoun

Hatchling Dragon
I just bought some roaches online and they had a selection where if it's over 90° it was like 7 bucks more and it gives you the guarantee.

anonymousn3rd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have never used roaches before. My mom won't allow them in the house; it was a battle for me to get to have superworms! I will probably start ordering online when it cools down here since the ONLY store we have with reptile food in my city is a Petsmart (where I usually know more than the employees)

Stephen Vokoun

Hatchling Dragon
It was the same for me my grandma is not happy that I am trying to start a roach colony but my beardie loves them. I used to only feed crickets, meal worms, and wax worms. Then I heard about Dubia roaches so I gave them a shot. They can not fly nor jump, can't climb plastic or glass. And I promise you there is like absolutely no smell to them every time I open up there bin the only think I smell is the food I feed them. When I had crickets the containers would smell so bad. I have about 500 superworms right now and they are Starting to smell but the roaches have no smell!

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I've never tried the dubias I will this wknd. And have for sure never tried to breed them .

Stephen Vokoun

Hatchling Dragon
I believe they have three times more protein then crickets. And I love them because they are not getting loose in my basement like the crickets did!

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Omg I have the loudest rogue cricket in my room. It's woken me up the past 2 nights. I'm gonna try them tomorrow I'll take pics of hef getting his 1st roaches.

Stephen Vokoun

Hatchling Dragon
Well I live in the basement so it's like my room it it's still big. And I'm telling you, you have to try the roaches make no noise lol.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I got the dubias. Hef ate 3 so far. It's late I'll give him more in the morning he liked them . I'll get used to it. They're cute tho.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Omg I have the loudest rogue cricket in my room. It's woken me up the past 2 nights. I'm gonna try them tomorrow I'll take pics of hef getting his 1st roaches.
I order smaller crickets because they don't chirp but they last me so long that a few of them have gotten big. They are in my pantry in a tank and they chirp all day long! I keep trying to catch the males and feed them to the frogs but they are quick.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I know the 2 week crickets are so quiet. This guy's been under my dresser for a while now. The crickets I used to order from flukers had a different chirp it was like a peaceful sound now I get them from rainbow and they sound frantic they look different too. I tried to get a pic of Hef getting his first dubias but he was too fast . Little beast

Bahamut

Bearded Dragon Egg
I live in az, we got mom and pop pet shops and reptile stores that sell crickets and all sorts of feeders (unless you're in the boonies). Otherwise, when you order online just have it held at the post office if shipping is only 1-2 days. Bam.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
It was kind a cool watching Hef chew them up. I used to pay for shipping from rainbow and then looked up where they were located 20 minutes from my house.

Latest posts