• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Old stubborn beardie

Sing4Jesus

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a bearded dragon, around 7 years old, that has never liked her fruits and veggies. I used to offer daily but it attracted bugs so then I offered several times a week in another enclosure. Little by little she has gotten pickier about what she will eat. We were down to strawberries, raspberries, and green leaf lettuce. Lately, she has really been fighting even those and yesterday, when I tried to hand feed her, she even regurgitated what looked like a watery mucus even though she hadn't had a bath (where she drinks most of her water) in a few days. I have tried all different kinds of fruits and veggies, different feeding environments, cutting out her proteins, even handfeeding just in case she couldn't find the food, and nothing has worked. Suggestions and sorry for the long post

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a bearded dragon, around 7 years old, that has never liked her fruits and veggies. I used to offer daily but it attracted bugs so then I offered several times a week in another enclosure. Little by little she has gotten pickier about what she will eat. We were down to strawberries, raspberries, and green leaf lettuce. Lately, she has really been fighting even those and yesterday, when I tried to hand feed her, she even regurgitated what looked like a watery mucus even though she hadn't had a bath (where she drinks most of her water) in a few days. I have tried all different kinds of fruits and veggies, different feeding environments, cutting out her proteins, even handfeeding just in case she couldn't find the food, and nothing has worked. Suggestions and sorry for the long post
Green leaf lettuce as in ice berg or romaine ? Fruit should be fed sparingly --- I am gonna post a website for nutrition ignore the kale info it is outdated and is a good staple feeder - the fruit is attracting fruit flies - please cut out the fruit and just keep feeding the veggies - you can try getting some BSFL from www.symtonbsf.com order large use those to top the salads to lure her to the bowl - you can also try super worms 1-3 horn worms - meal worms - and silk worms which is another staple insect feeder -
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
What are you feeding for insects? What are her surface basing temps? And are you using a digital probe thermometer? What about your UVB ? coil or long tube fixture and how old is it? Where is it?

gigi1313131311

Bearded Dragon Egg
I also have a very picky eater. He hates fruit and would only eat collard greens or mustard greens. I started making micro greens using a seed tray and a little coconut coir soil. It takes about 3 days from seed to greens and lasts me about a week (thus a 2nd tray is started). He eats and eats and eats. You can buy bulk variety of micro seeds. Each tray uses about 1-1 1/2 Tblsp of seed per tray. I also sprinkle bee pollen powder over the greens a few times a week.

Latest posts