• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Old Ceramic Heat Emitter

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Has a smell now. I have been using it and then one day, it got stuck in the fixture. The ceramic was coming off the fixture. So I had to unplug it and fix it. All the screws in the fixture are nice and tight. No gaps. No burnt wires or lose connections.

So, tonight, I decided to see if I could use it because it's a 100 watt and we're having cold spells. I have a 60 watt for a 10 gallon fish tank. (It works now for her now because it's not too cold..) So anyway. This CHE is emitting a horrible smell like it's on it's last nerve. The screw cap has some ceramic flakes flaking off underneath the screw part. I won't be using this anymore. But the 60 works fine. Even when it somehow got fuzz on it and it stuck to it for the most of the day. I give the lamp time to cool before plucking in the CHE. Like several hours. I may have to wait 15 minutes from now on for this CHE. Well, moisture is coming out of the 60.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The last time I turned my CHE on it had a smell too. I wasn't sure if it was something with the fixture or just because I never use the bulb and it needed to burn in.

Latest posts