• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ok another question

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so im kind of upset right now ok i just ask the kid i bought bubba from exactly how long he had his he came back with an answer and his answer was 6 to 7 years i though he meant months ask again but no he said years the only reason i can think that this poor dragon is still alive is that maybe there is a such thing as dwarfs i dont know is it possible or am i just in denial and if not you think i could get this kid arrested they do it for dogs all the time

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
get us a real good picture of him along with exact length and exact weight. I sincerely doubt your dragon is 6-7 years old. Perhaps the previous owner does not understand the life span of a beardie or their size and is trying to pull the proverbial wool over your eyes. I know you are not around him at the moment so if you could get your fiance to do these things it could help us out in determining his age.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
he is at work right now i will have him do the best when he comes home the kid said he got it for a birthday present when he was 12 and he got rid of him since he is leaving for college that would make him atleast 18 honestly i dont know how long do they live

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Honestly, to ease your mind, you should consider taking him to a herp vet to get checked out. There is a good site to find a reputable vet in your area. I think someone mentioned it in another link. Here is the site:

www.herpvetconnections.com

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yes you sent it to me before i found one close made an appointment but the earliest they had was for saturday so we will see

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they can live up to 15 years but your dragon (granted not the best picture) looks no were near that age. get a picture up if you can, and get him to a vet the vet should be able to give you a age range on him from checking his range of motion in his joints, his jaw structure, and his myscle density. But i doubt he is 6 i think this kid has no clue what he is talking about (or his parents did the hole bait and switch when the original bubba died)

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
haha thats funny i am going to take him to a vet but that whole switch thing sounds like it might be the case wow well anyway we will see what happens i think maybe i just over reacted i do that somethimes, he does seem to be running around eating just fine with no problem catching the crickets im sure if he was sick he would have some trouble anyway im gonna get him checked regardless on saturday.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think seeing a vet is a step in the right direction. Who knows what this poor little guy has been through. For the previous owner not knowing his age! Stuff like that is hard to swallow.

It sounds like he is doing great. Eating and pooping is key with these critters.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh yeah his eating is so far so good i was worried it would be slow moving but not at all and his pooping its happening ha all over my hand and in his bath last night i drove an hour and a half to see him and he poops on me haha

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They say it is good luck when a bearded dragon poops on you!

Let us know how it goes at the vet's office.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok so i got a different appoint for for bubba its tomorrow night i had a question though its kind of far away so what is reccomened to transport him in and its supposed to be cold will i need a heat source at all the vet specializes in Bearded Dragons i assume he has what he will need when he is there im not sure for the trip though it will take longer than any amount of time he has been out of his viv

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How far away is it? I guess you don't have enough time to get a mesh viv. That's what we used for Bernie. It was the same one we used outdoors. A cardboard box should work.

I've heard of people using the heat packs they sell at sporting stores to put in humans' gloves.

When we moved, my hubby cranked the heat up in the car. That was about a 40 minute drive.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i was thinking the heater in the car would be ok and i do have alot of hothand well my fiance says its about 25 mins away but i know him and his driving typical man its probably more like 40 if im driving haha well thats all i got im off to bed ill let everybody know what the doc says lets home bubba doesnt get to mad like i do doctors make me mad all the time no offense to anybody of course

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You should be fine. Just crank the heat up in the car. :)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just a friendly reminder to take a fecal sample. They can run a number of tests to ensure no diseases or parasites are present!

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
good luck tonight. let us know how it goes.

not adding anything new. but i take gertrude in a small plastic carrier. you can find them at pet stores. it has a lid with slats in it.

and i think you will be fine traveling to the vet's office. it is when they go w/o heat and light for extended periods of time, like hours.

Latest posts