• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NY Retile Expo

BeardoTheWeirdo

Bearded Dragon Egg
The Retile Expo will be in NY on 9/11 as well as 10/23.

Being new to the reptile world, I was thinking about going, figuring it would be the perfect place to dip my feet in.

Curious if any other members are going?

Also would this be a good place to get a bearded dragon?

I was thinking about ordering from a reputable breeder online, but I'm assuming some of the known breeders will probably be at the expo.

How about supplies and tanks? Think I would find some deals, or will everything be overpriced for the day?

Thanks a lot!
-Dan-

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The expos are a great place to find about everything you need including a bearded dragon and prices are reasonable with some bargains if you know what to look for. Beardies are very popular and I imagine several breeders would be there. They had lots of beardies on sale here and I think NY wouldn't be any different.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you end up getting anything, just really really watch whatever it is and keep your eyes open to how they are acting, how they are moving, how are they breathing, where are they in the temp enclosure,
It really is buyer beware and you'll find some good deals and good breeders, and you will find some not so much....

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Agreed. Expos all sales are pretty much final. Two of my dragons are from online breeders that come guaranteed for six weeks. If they aren't doing well they can be returned at the sellers expense for a full refund. Check prices at retail stores for everything you need and write it down. Then check the shows and look for bargains. I would have spent more money at the last show here but took the wife and it was probably a good thing I did.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You've gotten some great advice! Like Jungle Jim said it is all sales are final and online - breeders will have a 30 day guarantee or more depending on breeder.

When I went to the reptile show here I was not impressed. They had these reptiles in these tiny clear plastic boxes lined up in rows and rows. It was awful. They had no room to move at all. No lights, no food, nothing. I was mortified at how these breeders have their booths set up. This was for all the reptiles - snakes, geckos, spiders, bearded dragons, water dragons, and a few reptiles I didn't recognize. The only reptiles that had room to move were the giant turtles and iguanas.

With that said just be careful on what you get. Like hydry31 said look at how the beardie acts, walks, the eyes, etc.

As far as pricing I personally have found better deals online. For example I needed to get the arm stand to bring up my lights. It was 29.99 there at the show and online I found the same exact one for 14.99.

What I do is make a list of all the things I need and a list of what I want [emoji5] then price it out. You can always Google search the things while you are at the show.

Good luck and let us know what you get! I love seeing all the goodies!!

Latest posts