• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not pooping

Helios

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey yall
Got a beardie whos about 6 yrs old and he hasnt pooped in 3 weeks. His basking spots at 100 degrees and lives in a 4x2x2 enclosure. He also gets baths twice a week. He eats about once every 3-4 days as he refuses to eat any sooner. When he does eat, he has a big bowl of veggies and eats crickets and mealworms 1-2 times a week. He refused to eat for a week 2 weeks ago but hes gone back to eating normally since. He seems fine besides the no pooping as hes running around and exploring when i take him out and has no stress marks. He normally poops at least once a week but he hasnt had any bowel movements in a while and am concerned. Please let me know if im doing anything wrong. Any help is appreciated!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey yall
Got a beardie whos about 6 yrs old and he hasnt pooped in 3 weeks. His basking spots at 100 degrees and lives in a 4x2x2 enclosure. He also gets baths twice a week. He eats about once every 3-4 days as he refuses to eat any sooner. When he does eat, he has a big bowl of veggies and eats crickets and mealworms 1-2 times a week. He refused to eat for a week 2 weeks ago but hes gone back to eating normally since. He seems fine besides the no pooping as hes running around and exploring when i take him out and has no stress marks. He normally poops at least once a week but he hasnt had any bowel movements in a while and am concerned. Please let me know if im doing anything wrong. Any help is appreciated!
It is normal for older dragons but to poop for long periods of time- as long as your surface basking temps are on par 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- that is what starts digestion your uvb is a long tube fixture properly placed and distanced for the screen on the tank and it's not expired he will go- you can feed him some plain canned pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce those are natural laxatives feed till he poops - make sure hes hydrated

Latest posts