• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nick the man!!!

Amy McKellar

Bearded Dragon Egg
heyy I'm not very new but i have a bearded dragon and his name is nick. i love him to death but i need some new ways that i could play with him.
I want to take him out on a leash but I'm a little too scared.
any suggestions?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A harness would be a good idea for him. You can find them on etsy.com, ebay, or even the chain petstores, or online at Petmountain.com.

Knoteb

Hatchling Dragon
My male loves to go outside! I got a ferret figure 8 harness. The regular beardie harness are (be patient, I'm trying to be tactful here)...not up to the quality I prefer for my pet. Anyway, if I got outside in the heat I just hook him up. I use the harness on a kitten leash hooked up to paracord leash. That gives him about 25 feet of area. He loves to bask and run around looking for bugs. My females on the otherhand get scared outside and hide under the deck.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome to the forum. Something I like doing with mine is getting a kiddie pool and setting up a cheesy imitation of a paintball course. I hold my dragon (s) that will be taking the challenge and have them watch as I put in various feeder insects.

Amy McKellar

Bearded Dragon Egg
i was planning on getting a kiddie pool or maybe putting him in the bathtub.
how warm should the water be or should in be kind of cold.
i ordered him a leash it has beads on it and everything. hes never been outside no im not knowing what to expect for the first time.

Amy McKellar

Bearded Dragon Egg
nick really feels like he dont need help of me holding him when he runs around lol so i dont think he would like me to hold him when he gets in the pool haha.

Marquez0352

Hatchling Dragon
Lol maybe but you'll find out once you get in the pool. My beardie "Button" needs my hand to hold on to and just falls asleep. I'll let go so she can get some exercise but she always comes to me regardless on where she is in relation to me.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
i was planning on getting a kiddie pool or maybe putting him in the bathtub.
how warm should the water be or should in be kind of cold.
i ordered him a leash it has beads on it and everything. hes never been outside no im not knowing what to expect for the first time.

I put mine in the bathtub. My older one likes to have the shower sprayer spray down on her, she actually does this little dance so that she makes sure it hits all parts of her body! My youngest one is still unsure and likes to hold my hand for a bit when put him in. After about 5-10 min he starts swimming around with no problems. The water should be on the warm side but not to hot. Like water for a baby, test it on your wrist to make sure it's not too hot.

Latest posts