• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie to Bearded Dragons

katecurt94

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I'm Kate I'm new to bearded dragons and have been researching them for a few months now and am in the process of finishing my set up. I was wondering and asking suggestions as to get an adult or a younger beardie? As well as any advice or words of wisdom to a newbie.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome Kate!

Baby beardies are cute but they are a lot of work. Most important is they eat A LOT of bugs! Mine would eat 60 small crickets a day! Older dragons don't eat as many bugs but should be eating more salads. Younger dragons are full of energy and want to run around and play and explore. Older dragons are content with just sitting on one spot. So I guess it depends on how much time you can devote to entertaining them and how much you want to spend on food.

Latest posts