• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Beardies & stressing out a bit

Kbehnke

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've been looking on this forum a lot, 1st post. We got Spike @1 month ago, recently started having watery bm's. Took to vet & has coccidia(bad case) so we are on Albon(not fun trying to get him/her to take :( ) on for 6days off 6 days, for 3 rounds. Spike weighed 30grams @ 9-10 inches. We were going thru @150 small crickets for 4 feedings, so just switched to mediums(which seem huge to me) he only ate 3 this morning. We r on day 3 of meds so not sure if side effect or the size is the problem :( he also went from a 10 gallon to his new digs, the 36*18 exo terra terranium. I always feed in seperate tank. Any advise? I'm sure there will be plenty more ?'s.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww. Poor baby. Albon is very harsh on their systems. It's advised to go get some soy yogurt from the supermarket and give it to them. It wipes out all the good gut flora as well as bad. The probiotics will help his gut flora and relieve the watery BMs. I wish the best of luck and depending on the space between his eyes, he could have small to medium crickets.

Also: What kind of lighting do you have for Spike?

Kbehnke

Bearded Dragon Egg
As of this moment I am using a 60w basking light and the slimline uvb that sits on top. Having a hard time with temps :( Have been adjusting basking spot, etc. I am using a digital thermometer on hot side, and the one that I got with the first setup (10gallon) on the cool side. Looking at the zoo med desert uvb&heat lighting kit, for when I have some money. would love to post some pics, havent figured it out yet!

behnk99k

Hatchling Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398280008.045704.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398280025.594966.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398280039.346149.jpg

Some pics, if I did it right?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's ok. What's his size? He looks like a juvenile. Is the bulb a common household bulb? Those, I know, don't work for them. I tried a 75 watt bulb for mine and it didn't get hot enough. So I went with a 100 watt intense basking spot lamp from Zoo-med from a petstore. It'll boost those temps up to support his immune system.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Might take a while to get used to all the new stuff. New enclosure, new food (size), new medicine, etc.
Give him some time to stabilize. Maybe mix in small with medium crickets to kind of wean him through to the bigger ones. Keep us updated on his progress

Latest posts