• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to beardies! Hello!

Calicofox

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone :D

I have had a beardie for 2 months now. I was once a leopard gecko lover but now I'm in love with my little man (well he sure is growing fast!)

I've named him piglet for his vivacious appetite. No cricket is safe, No piece of kale or collard greens overturned!!

He's growing like a weed!

Here's piglet!

And a little about myself - I'm a 25 year old female outdoors enthusiast residing in Connecticut, USA. When I'm not out in the woods I'm volunteering in wildlife programs and educating the public on wildlife. I live and breathe the woods. Best exercise and spiritual experience all in one!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome - i started with a couple of geckos (which were given to me cuz the teenager didnt want them anymore) and also progressed to beardies. LUV beardies ! I dont see your babies' picture ?

Calicofox

Bearded Dragon Egg
Its showing up on mine but here he is again :)
beardie3.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Beautiful picture! I started with leopard geckos too. The boyfriend thought that beardies would be too big so he wanted a "starter" lizard and we got the geckos. Once I read up on bearded dragons I sold him on it!

Lynchman18

Bearded Dragon Egg
Love Piglet! As many bearded dragon owners would vouch most of them will gobble just about anything up.. With that said be careful i will share a short version of a story and experience i have had in the past. I had this Sandfire Red Female Bearded Dragon and I lived in an appartment. She loved being on our balcony which was escape proof and I had used screen netting so predators couldn't get her.. One day I was cleaning the balcony and it was 100% clean. So I Put Daqouri on the balcony and a soda can POP top as i call them (the silver thing you use to open a soda can) must of been on top of the ledge. Well it blew down on the ground and before I could get to it Daqouri ran over and gobbled it up. Upon the vet visit i was given a very cool xray of Daqouri's skeleton and a pop top in her tummy.. They were able to get it out without harming her. I still have that xray its a reminder to be extra careful because they will eat just about anything.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@Lynchman18 glad she's okay! I guess for this reason I'm glad mine aren't much hunters. My boy loves to eat but it has be be within reach of his face and my girl, if a worm walks out of her site range she gives up!

Latest posts