• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to BDs: tail problem

Lovemycreatures

Bearded Dragon Egg
I purchased a BD at the NY Reptile show a few months ago. Told it was male and one year old. 16' from nose to tail tip. I noticed some tail tip rot the next day. Retailer didn't respond to my inquiry. I soaked the tip of tail in betadine and applied triple antibiotic. That stopped the death of tail which was about 1.5 inch. Now, it appears to be continuing the rotting process again. Guidance needed. I'm in CT but can't locate appropriate vet. TY

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I purchased a BD at the NY Reptile show a few months ago. Told it was male and one year old. 16' from nose to tail tip. I noticed some tail tip rot the next day. Retailer didn't respond to my inquiry. I soaked the tip of tail in betadine and applied triple antibiotic. That stopped the death of tail which was about 1.5 inch. Now, it appears to be continuing the rotting process again. Guidance needed. I'm in CT but can't locate appropriate vet. TY
Please post a pic of the tail and get some raw unfiltered honey on it ASAP -- exam Manuka honey-- here is a website to find a vet www.arav.org type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you to find a vet in your area --
https://www.beardeddragon.org/threads/honey-bacterias-worst-enemy.251259/
you dont want the infection spreading any more ---- it will eventually get into his blood stream and kill him

Lovemycreatures

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am bee keeper- but I do have Manila- will apply. Yes I need a vet.

Attachments

• ABE8BF92-C442-4FD8-9B4E-CFE18F4073DC.jpeg
    ABE8BF92-C442-4FD8-9B4E-CFE18F4073DC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • A10FBED2-A946-402B-B543-BFD61F6810AE.jpeg
    A10FBED2-A946-402B-B543-BFD61F6810AE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 95497B55-8DDB-4F7E-ACB5-F9BAC13E7F3F.jpeg
    95497B55-8DDB-4F7E-ACB5-F9BAC13E7F3F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

Lovemycreatures

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please post a pic of the tail and get some raw unfiltered honey on it ASAP -- exam Manuka honey-- here is a website to find a vet www.arav.org type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you to find a vet in your area --
https://www.beardeddragon.org/threads/honey-bacterias-worst-enemy.251259/
you dont want the infection spreading any more ---- it will eventually get into his blood stream and kill him
Thank you so much! Manuka on tail and calling vet on Monday! Just love this guy. He’s helping with the research.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts